too much protein

nfarrell
nfarrell Posts: 3
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
I was wondering if anybody had any advice about protein in my diet. pretty much everyday i go over my daily goal for protein by quite a bit. i eat a lot of chicken and usually have it in one way or another at lunch and dinner. should i cut it out at one of my meals??

Replies

• jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    from what i understand that thats is good to go over on protein, you should be eating alot of protein they say it will help you lose wight..:flowerforyou:
  • BossyGirl
    BossyGirl Posts: 173 Member
    If you are working out, weight training, strength training ect....then your body needs the extra protein to recover. Its reccomended that if you are working out alot to take around 1 gram of protein per lb of body weight. I work out every day, and use weights. I take in usually between 90-130 grams of protein a day.

If you are not exercising then you shouldnt take in a ton of protein.
    Also for a female, you should not consume more then 30 grams of protein in one meal. Your body can only absorb 30 grams at a time.
  • The type of proteins you put in your body can make a difference to. Lean proteins like chicken or fish are better than proteins from other sources like ground beef.
This discussion has been closed.