Exercise Goal for August

Options
Just wondering if and what kinds of exercise goals people have set for August. I’ve only been doing MFP for a couple of weeks and my main exercise is walking around 3MPH(5KPH). My goal for August is to walk 60Kilometres (around 36 miles). Not sure why I picked 60KM, other than it seemed fairly substantial and yet achievable. (setting myself up for success)

It would be great to make friends with people who have similar goals for encouragement and support.

Norman

Replies

• oOMusicBabii
    Options
    My goal for August is to sustain a jog at 4.5 mph for 30+ minutes. I can only do like 5 minutes currently. I don't have a distance goal, but I would love to be able to shorten my 5k running time.
  • anyacenteno
    Options
    I try to do 35 minutes of elliptical three times a week. I don't have much support as far as friends that work out with me. I find that I while I'm doing my work out stuff I have to push myself from start to finish. I always feel good after I finish my work out which I guess is good thing (even if it hurts like hell the next day.) I've lost 14 pounds since starting with MFP. I started dieting and excercise in March and have lost a total of 40 pounds. My goal is to lose 40 to 50 pounds by the end of the year.
  • weeNorm
    weeNorm Posts: 14
    Options
    As of today I have completed 75% of my goal to walk 60km(roughly 36 miles) in August. It feels good to be on track!