Fit and Fun Sized (those under 5'4") for August 2012

Options
13»

Replies

• sweetlyawesome
    sweetlyawesome Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So half way through August so far so good. Have lost two pounds of the five that I wanted. Today I bought the jillian michaels ripped in 30 DVD. Have sadly lacked on exercise this month and needed a challenge to get me back at it. Happy to see lots of new people! Knew I could not be the only "fun" size person in this world! Yay! Hope everyone is having a productive month. :)
  • dadzpeach
    dadzpeach Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" if I stretch :smile: I lost 5 pounds in July, I have really bumped up my efforts the last two weeks or so. My goals in August are to run 40 miles, get to 165 by August 31 (I'm at 172 now) and run my first 5k (August 18th Color Run St. Louis!)

Good luck on your August goals!!
    I'll be running (well mostly walking) the Color Run in St. Louis too!! Can't wait, looks like so much fun>

We should totally meet up!!
  • ChshireKat
    ChshireKat Posts: 117
    Options
    Hey all,
    It’s time for my monthly post.
    I was hiking with my sister and her kids as my exercise. I don’t think I can do it anymore. Prior to the hiking the bottom of my feet had hurt for a year or so and my feet would be so stiff in the morning (& whenever I got up from my desk at work) that I would hobble round for a while. My primary doctor said it was probably plantar fasciitis; the paper work she gave me suggested stretching the calves and achilles to help relieve the pain. I looked up stretches and did them when I could. Apparently I did them wrong or something because now the bottom of my left foot is fine but the achilles is so stiff it has shorted my stride (which is making my hip hurt) and taking the stairs is painful. So my exercise had now been limited to swimming, since anything where I am on my feet will hurt, and the pool is iffy. This sucks. Doctor days get out an exercise … ok … now I have broken something and I can’t:grumble: . I wish I had a bike, at least that way I can at least just cruise around the river walk.
  • RollercoasterPam
    RollercoasterPam Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just joined this week, 4 days of tracking so far. Now for the hard part - it's Friday and that usually means snacking out of control for me while enjoying some adult beverages. Must stay on track! Hoping to stick with my plan to workout before going home for the day.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone and a warm welcome to everyone new!

I think I have finally turned things around and heading in the right direction! I've been walking and exercising more regularly and doing much better with food.

Any plans for next week on how to end up the month and head towards a long weekend associated with cookouts and lots of food?

Jeannie
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I had to laugh at the title of this thread. My husband says I'm "value sized." Yes, I'm rather tall and large. lol.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    I had to laugh at the title of this thread. My husband says I'm "value sized." Yes, I'm rather tall and large. lol.

You are welcome to post here if you'd like.

thanks for adding humor.

Jeannie
  • dadzpeach
    Options
    I am so excited, I am .7 pounds away from hitting the 160s and 1.87 miles away from hitting my 40 miles in August challenge to myself :bigsmile:
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    i'd like to join. i'm 4' 11 3/4" (oh how important that 3/4" is!). aw yes some machines can be a challenge and some are just impossible to use. july was good not great just good. august has been better. ran 4 miles for the first time in years last sunday.
  • canuckswife
    Options
    Ohh.. this sounds like the perfect place for me!! It is definitely more challenging to lose weight when you are short!!
  • Peggb
    Peggb Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am just a slight bit under 5'4 - please add me! I need the motivation and support - its been 6 days I have been doing this and lost 3lbs - I would like to lose like 97 more! I need support to do it as here at home I don't feel like anyone is cheering me on the little changes I have made or even the 3lbs I told them I lost. My husband and girls are very healthy and lose weight easily so its not easy for them to understand how hard this is for me!
  • julthoms
    julthoms Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm 5'1", I started at 207.9 and am down to 202.5 in one week. I NEED MOTIVATION!

GW: 135 :bigsmile:
  • dadzpeach
    Options
    YAY!!! I am now over 40 miles for August!!! WOOHOO!!!
  • mommy3fitwechanged
    Options
    I would love to join the group. I am 5'1 :)