end of the first week..

sher493
sher493 Posts: 5
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
hey everyone,
its the end of my first week on this site..ive lost a pound and a half but i was aiming for two. ive tried other diets before and i lost a lot more weight in the first week. any thoughts as to why that is? and also i feel like this diet is making me feel better than others did, but is the slow weight loss compared to before a sign that its not the deit for me??

i feel thinner but it doesnt translate on the scale..

help?

Replies

• hey everyone,
    its the end of my first week on this site..ive lost a pound and a half but i was aiming for two. ive tried other diets before and i lost a lot more weight in the first week. any thoughts as to why that is? and also i feel like this diet is making me feel better than others did, but is the slow weight loss compared to before a sign that its not the deit for me??

help?
  • Just hang in there for a while,your first week's weight loss is probably water.slow weight loss is fine as you are less apt to gain it back as fast.A pound and a half is a great loss.:flowerforyou:
    As for feeling thinner,the best thing to do is measure yourself,if you have started to excersise more you are building muscle so weight on the scale may not be much different for the first little while but you will be thinner.
  • heatther
    heatther Posts: 227 Member
    I know how you feel! I feel like I lost 10 lbs but that is not what the scale says! Just remember that it can be fat you are losing and muscle you are gaining. This is much more healthier the the crash diets and last longer. I have been on here for a month and lost 10 lbs.

You can do it! It just takes time.

Awesome work on the pound and a half!!

Heatther
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    hey everyone,

help?

Hi sher,
    couple things to remember.
    1st, 1 week isn't a very accurate weight loss time period. Because of how our bodies work, we can fluctuate up to 5 lbs up or down at any given time. So best to record the time of day and day of week you weigh in and always weigh in that same time period every 2 weeks or even longer, or weigh in 3 or 4 times over a 2 or 3 day period and take the average (also every few weeks or so).
    2nd, and this is especially true at the start, when you change your daily routine with either exercise or eating or both, you have a tendancy to gain muscle faster, until your body decides it has enough muscle to do what you are doing. This will skew your weight loss results. A better way to track is to measure your body (I.E. arm, waist, thighs...etc) another good way is using body fat %, but make sure you use an accurate technique for this, and use the same technique every time as some of the types can have large margin's for error.
    3rd, Since you want to change your lifestyle forever and not just crash diet to loose a few (that never works in the long run anyway), don't worry about a week's weight loss, as a matter of fact, you DON'T want to loose too much too fast, because the body won't know how to adjust to it, better to take it slow, loose 1 to 1.5 a week and let your body adjust to it. Anything more then 2 lbs (unless you are morbidly obese) is considered extreme by most dieticians and doctors anyway.
  • wow thanks everyone..i will definitly keep all of your advice in mind. :heart:
  • alyfin
    alyfin Posts: 103
    You're doing great. 1.5 lbs is the perfect amount to lose. Over two and it usually comes right back on. Welcome.:smile:
  • my first week was frustrating. I too wasn't loosing and when I did it came right back.

I'm focusing more on what I eat and it seems to be consitant of when I loose and gain.

1.5 is a good amount, even though it may not seem enough.

I too have felt that I've lost but go to step on the scale and the numbers are completely off.
  • LaRon
    LaRon Posts: 17
    Just remember that we loose inches before pounds...congrats on your 1.5! I'm still in my first week and I feel great just because I'm eating better. I didn't even have chocolate cravings today!:flowerforyou: Keep up the good work!
This discussion has been closed.