August Walk/Jog/Run Challenge

Options

Replies

• Marie294
    Marie294 Posts: 304
    Options
    I am in for 150 miles or more, in addition with 50,000' of accumulated elevation gain ( 5000 flights of stairs).
    Rung up 5.7 miles with 1664' today.

Those are awesome goals! 150 Miles in a month is amazing, I would love to get there one day.. :)
  • Marie294
    Options
    Only ran 2.14 miles today.

Not 'only'! :wink: You RAN 2.14 Miles today! That's excellent :)
  • xkdrowex
    xkdrowex Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm the aforementioned friend! :) Trying to use this website more often as I used ....another one.. for a while. :) 2 miles down yesterday and getting ready to jump on the mill here in the next half hour or so... and go for 3. Great to have so many people who want to join us!
  • dadzpeach
    dadzpeach Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting for 40 this month!
  • Marie294
    Options
    I'm the aforementioned friend! :) Trying to use this website more often as I used ....another one.. for a while. :) 2 miles down yesterday and getting ready to jump on the mill here in the next half hour or so... and go for 3. Great to have so many people who want to join us!

Yay! You found the forum too :) Have a GREAT Run, I'm thinking about you and doing some Hula Hoop! :-)
  • Marie294
    Options
    I'm shooting for 40 this month!

Nice Goal!! I'm so glad you are joining us! :)
  • DonnaVK
    DonnaVK Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am back to being serious about getting fit and losing weight. I was lazy the last two months. I will accept this challenge and shoot for 30 miles in the month of August. What a great idea!
  • lilgemforgets
    Options
    I will aim for 50 miles. I started the C25k yesterday i am desperate to teach myself to run...but keeping going over on time! In the last 2 days (according to map my run) i have run 4.3 miles total. One day i WILL be able to run 10k!!
  • ChangeupEma
    Options
    Nice challenge! Count me in and I'm going to push for 35 miles, and I do mean push cuz haven't jogged in about 3mnths. Good luck everyone.
  • xkdrowex
    Options
    I am back to being serious about getting fit and losing weight. I was lazy the last two months. I will accept this challenge and shoot for 30 miles in the month of August. What a great idea!

I did the same thing. :( I did so good Jan - April and then... nada. I did about 45 miles in March and 65 in April then sat around for the past few. I did 3 miles today and it. was. ROUGH.
  • xkdrowex
    Options

Yay! You found the forum too :) Have a GREAT Run, I'm thinking about you and doing some Hula Hoop! :-)

Come Christmas time I'll be blaring the Alvin song.. maybe the Mr. will get the hint and hook me up with a hullllla hooop :)
  • sarahg2290
    sarahg2290 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My goal is 50 miles this month. I'm starting a program to train for a 10K...but i'm going to start with walking so I don't do too much too soon.
  • Marie294
    Options
    So Great! Nice to 'Meet' Everyone :)
  • Marie294
    Options

I did the same thing. :( I did so good Jan - April and then... nada. I did about 45 miles in March and 65 in April then sat around for the past few. I did 3 miles today and it. was. ROUGH.

It will get easier! :heart:
  • ssbarfarkle
    ssbarfarkle Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! Since I haven't walked or even exercised much all summer I will have a goal of 30 miles this month.
    Thanks!
  • Marie294
    Options
    I would love to join! Since I haven't walked or even exercised much all summer I will have a goal of 30 miles this month.
    Thanks!

ssbarfarkle, so glad to have you on board! :)
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I'm going to bump mine to 40 miles
    3.5 miles in today, 30.5 miles to go.

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • jamiemommaof3
    jamiemommaof3 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just saw this and I really needed a "goal" so I am in for 40 miles for this month. My treadmill will get some use again :) I have been stuck at this number for about a month so hopefully this will help get over this stall.
  • bridgett28
    bridgett28 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I already have 2 miles in from yesterday's gym time :) but im only in for 30 miles.
  • aranjas
    aranjas Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm in. I ran 2.57 miles today, however, this is only the 3d time that I've been out to run in the last 6 months. I'm trying to get back into running as well ~ it does amazing & wonderful things to my body when I run! I had a baby in January so I have about 40 lbs. to lose! I am going to challenge myself to do 25 miles this month. If I succeed then I'll go up for next month. Good Luck everyone.