Hi everyone(starting at 5"5/220 lbs/21 yrs old)

Options
2»

Replies

• _dreaface
    _dreaface Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You're very young and since you identify the problem as eating the wrong kinda foods (!), I'd like to suggest you'd much rather take advantage of this site's calorie counter. Learn to eat better foods. It tells you when you've had your fill for the day, and it is rather generous with it's allowance. IF you go over, go for a little walk. Even 20 minutes of brisk walking gives you the extra calories you're craving for. With shakes and crash dieting you ONLY learn to tolerate starvation for a while, after which your body goes into crisis mode, and starts to store every single crumb you have, making the urge to eat even worse. Make a hearty shake in the morning out of yogurt, kale, carrots, some fruit of choice (apple, banana, frozen berries), you get 10 grams of fiber to literally fill you up first thing, and you can make it in the evening so you don't need to 'cook' first thing in the AM. Learning to eat by using the counter here also teaches you how much of what is acceptable to you. What do you think?

As much as I would LOVE to do that(and maybe I will) I just want to try the shakes first. I'm not really follwing 'the plan'. I had a few healthy snacks because I dont want my calorie intake to be too low knowing i'll be going to the gym later on. But thanks for your advice :blushing:
  • _dreaface
    _dreaface Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    sounds so familiar, almost same story, literally (PCOs, fam all that) . I am 5'5 weigh 192 (used to weigh 212 not so long ago). Small advice I am not the ideal person to give advice (since i hate working out and I wont give up a few things) however I did loose some weight, is to take baby steps dont expect to be eating carrots tomorrow for lunch and broccoli for dinner. What I mean is baby steps = start off by discontinuing something you eat or drink alot, like me soda I am not a bigg fan of soda but it was in every meal and that helped also dont expect to be running miles by tomorrow I would just go for a 30 min walk during my lunch break, didnt run just walk around fast, dont eat white bread wheat I still go out and enjoy myself but I pay attention at my options. One day I will cut out In n out completely but for now I'll stick to protein burger.. someday.. Lol oh and Myfitnesspal (this site) is AMAZING, I recently just actually started using it, (says i've had it for a while but honestly dont remember I did till now) I have it on my phone and makes me think before I order out I am back to loosing weight again :D LOVE this site
    Great minds think alike. It all starts with baby steps :)
  • Rayvenstar
    Options
    hey! We have a couple things in common, lol.

I wish I could say that fast food was my only issue. I have family genes and then 7 years of allergy shots which makes it hard for me.

I've been on here for a few months, but had a couple personal issues in my life that kept me from really starting so now I'm ready to begin

I'm just glad to find someone my own age on here too :)

Wishing you luck!