More things you should NEVER do in Office Email

Options

Replies

• Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Hitting send with a message telling your boss to "Go *kitten* Themselves" when you meant to close it out entirely.

One day, baby, one day.
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Don't plan to end your email with "Regards" ... The "g" and the "t" are awfully close together and if you don't look it over before you send........ awkwaaaaaaaaard..
  • castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    When our IT manager was standardizing our signature files, he thought everyone in the office should have their photo in their signature. The CEO and COO shot that down pretty quick, thank goodness.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    We had a secretary send out a bestiality clip on her email and CC'd her boss, the VP of the legal department.
  • stunningalmond
    stunningalmond Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Be careful what you're forwarding. Something meant for one person's eyes isn't necessarily meant for another person's. It's called tact people!
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Don't talk about the boss or the company! One of my friends got fired for this!!! They pulled 3 months of emails and saw where she was doggin' out the dept and promptly fired her.

Don't reply to ALL when you only want to address ONE PERSON.
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    -Have your photo in your signature(creepy as duck and totally jarring before coffee)

People actually do that??

we do this
  • ZyheeMoongazer
    ZyheeMoongazer Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Double check before you use "reply all"

^^^
    My company actually disabled this in our email system for a while.
  • jsmcintyre
    jsmcintyre Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Using Bible quotes in your signature.

unless that is appropriate for your job/position/office. You would expect that from a chaplain or pastor.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Send religion based chain emails to everyone in your address book.

I've never done this, I'm on the receiving end.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options

-Have your photo in your signature(creepy as duck and totally jarring before coffee)

In Microsoft Outlook 2010, there is an option to add pictures to contacts so when you get an email from someone you can see who they are. My company has taken it upon themselves to attach the pictures taken for employee IDs and adding them to all the contacts. So soon, all emails will be accompanied with a pic of them.

I don't like this... mainly because I don't like my ID pic.
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Like the word "DOCK" for instance.

Example:
    "this authorization is for the construction of a 4' by 250' DOCK, with a 6' by 20' terminal platform.

As luck would have it, the i is right next to the O
  • blair_bear
    blair_bear Posts: 165
    Options
    Have the quote "Don't take life to seriously, nobody gets out alive anyways" as a signature and a blue cloudy background. Yep, a coworker of mine has that.
    YES! Inappropriate backgroundsare a no-no. Doctors hate when patients wear perfume because they have to smell like a hundred different perfumes in a day, I hate when you want to "personalize" your BUSINESS emails with a stupid background and I get visually battered by 50 of them in a day. Also, can it with the motivational quotes. I see you sitting there in that cubicle, uninspired by your own advice, which I have to read everytime you send me an email.
  • propskat
    Options
    Using Bible quotes in your signature.

It's amazing how many emails I get a day like this. And I work for the federal government.
  • propskat
    Options

In Microsoft Outlook 2010, there is an option to add pictures to contacts so when you get an email from someone you can see who they are. My company has taken it upon themselves to attach the pictures taken for employee IDs and adding them to all the contacts. So soon, all emails will be accompanied with a pic of them.

UGH! I bet you could fight that. There are privacy issues!
  • propskat
    Options
    Double check before you use "reply all"

This so much. We have almost 2000 employees at our headquarters building (including manufacturing). Someone will send out an email to EVERYONE with something like "Missing Box for parts from Acme Widgets". Then people will use reply all to tell the sender to check with so and so, and then another person will reply all with something like 'oh I saw that box on the receiving dock'. Then finally the original sender will reply all again with 'missing box found'.

AAARRRRRGGGG

I work in a field office, our division has somewhere in the neighborhood of 3000 employees, but they are spread out across the state.
    How many of those 3000 do you expect to care that you found a pair of glasses in the 4th floor bathroom?
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options

it's the same as the pic on the badge i have to wear in plain view, so i'm not sure how that would be a privacy issue.

either way, I am not that vigilant about getting them removed, I was just surprised they started to do that on their own.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

People actually do that??
    Yes, it's horrifying.
  • propskat
    Options

it's the same as the pic on the badge i have to wear in plain view, so i'm not sure how that would be a privacy issue.

either way, I am not that vigilant about getting them removed, I was just surprised they started to do that on their own.

Well, the difference is that your badge is on your person, controlled inside the organization. Emails can go anywhere, and an ID picture, in addition to the company you work for, your name and contact information, that's just begging for identity theft.
  • twistofcain
    Options
    Oh yes, and we had one staff member forward an email about how Barack Obama was going to turn all American's into Muslim's and a lot of hate speech towards Muslims to the whole organization. This included 8 components, the president, all vice presidents..and then you have my component that has a lot of Muslim students practicing dentistry.

He was fired the same day.