Phase II of detox starts today.

Options
I am starting week 4 of detox. I added eggs to my diet. It was soooo good. I had 2 scrambled eggs with onions, red bell peppers and broc, with a slice of rye sprouted toast. It was sooo good.
I was going to get on the scale, but, death con is visiting so I am going to wait until Thurs to weight. My husband has lost 20 pounds in 4 weeks with cheating:explode: :angry: :mad:

I am going to get a jogger stroller for my daughter this week and I am going to start walking 5 miles in the afternoon after my regular workout.

Replies

• icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I am starting week 4 of detox. I added eggs to my diet. It was soooo good. I had 2 scrambled eggs with onions, red bell peppers and broc, with a slice of rye sprouted toast. It was sooo good.
    I was going to get on the scale, but, death con is visiting so I am going to wait until Thurs to weight. My husband has lost 20 pounds in 4 weeks with cheating:explode: :angry: :mad:

I am going to get a jogger stroller for my daughter this week and I am going to start walking 5 miles in the afternoon after my regular workout.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Good luck.

I hate men some times! All my husband has to do is exercise and weight comes off.
  • Soniabruja
    Options
    Can I ask you What detox are you doing?
    Is It really working?:bigsmile:
  • erin83070
    erin83070 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Good for you! :flowerforyou: My friend uses the Gillian McKeith books and meal plans. She's so healthy! What I like about her info, is that you can tell what kind of vitamin deficiencies etc you have by your physical appearance. ie fingernails, hair, etc. Also, if you have specfic health problems like pms, lack of energy, that sort of thing, you can customize your diet to rememdy these issues... Is that the sort of thing you're doing? Here's a link to the book my friend uses.

http://www.gillianmckeith.info/gillianmckeithbooks/books-yawye.php
  • icandoit
    Options

It is a detox that has you using non processed foods. You cook and you eat lots of multi grains, flax, protein, tons of fruits and veggies. It teaching you how to eat the right way.....HEALTHY.
    It is from the book
    The Ultra-Metablism Cookbook by Mark Hyman, M.D.
    You will see and feel a change in you in just a couple of days. My nails are so strong now, my skin has not had a single break out, less oily. My hair is shinnier, I have more energy and I am sleeping great.
  • icandoit
    Options
  • icandoit
    Options
    Good for you! :flowerforyou: My friend uses the Gillian McKeith books and meal plans. She's so healthy! What I like about her info, is that you can tell what kind of vitamin deficiencies etc you have by your physical appearance. ie fingernails, hair, etc. Also, if you have specfic health problems like pms, lack of energy, that sort of thing, you can customize your diet to rememdy these issues... Is that the sort of thing you're doing? Here's a link to the book my friend uses.

http://www.gillianmckeith.info/gillianmckeithbooks/books-yawye.php

This is teaching you how eat properly. Eating lots of colors, and using olive oil, kosher salt. You are not eating chemicals. Real food and great food. It has made a total difference in my whole body....hair, nails, skin, energy, sleep. It is amazing what food does to you. The wrong bring you down. The good lift you up. There is one more thing that I have noticed...I am less moody.
    It is a great detox. It is 8 weeks, and we will continue eating the way it teaches for the rest of out lives. Here is an example....I went to sushi for my sons 13th birthday...my son had eel with the rice and my daughter had calimari (she is 3 and loves sushi), my husband had hot and spicy and a heart attack (tempura), and I had OH BABY..it is crabmeat with asparagus and it is wrapped in tuna, no rice. I felt great after mine. My husband had to go to the bathroom and his stomack was hurting. He ate Tempura that is fried and it is something is has not had in 4 weeks. His body did not like it. So it got rid of it. He wanted to make sure that was the reason, so the next day, he got some fries, and sure enough, he had to hit the bathroom. His body doesn't want it. That what this book teaches. It tells you to slowly reinroduce foods and to wait to see how your body reacts. If it likes if, you will feel great, if you don't. you will know.
  • Soniabruja
    Options
    Thanks for that!! :bigsmile:

It is a detox that has you using non processed foods. You cook and you eat lots of multi grains, flax, protein, tons of fruits and veggies. It teaching you how to eat the right way.....HEALTHY.
    It is from the book
    The Ultra-Metablism Cookbook by Mark Hyman, M.D.
    You will see and feel a change in you in just a couple of days. My nails are so strong now, my skin has not had a single break out, less oily. My hair is shinnier, I have more energy and I am sleeping great.
  • Soniabruja
    Options
    Thanks for that!!:heart: