4 Lbs in one week

Options
Staying under a 1700 Calorie a day diet!
Any tips on foods that are filling and low in Calories?

I drink water a lot...so that helps.

Thanks!

Replies

• migdalp
    migdalp Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Tell me how in the world do you loose 4 lbs in a week? Whats your menu for the day like?
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    Well, if you plan on working out extremely hard for a minimum of 3 hours, it might be possible. I wouldn't recommend it though.

I would aim for 2 pounds a week, still work hard, eat in that range and then be pleasantly surprised on weeks when you go over the 2 pounds.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    You could honestly eat like a horse and still lose 4lbs in a week if you wanted to. I safely shredded 2 inches in less than two weeks off of my waist line and its stayed off. Its not all about WHAT you eat. Just remember 3500 calories equals 1 pound. Take that into account and as long as you burn 14,000 calories more than you take in you'll lose 4 pounds in 1 week. The odds of it staying off long are not the best, you'll get sick feeling and worn down unless you're conditioned for such a trek. If not. Good luck.
  • SearsHouse89
    Options
    I am doing a 1270 calorie/day diet and so I feel your pain! I have found that the Progresso LIGHT soups are pretty good. You can eat the whole can of chicken noodle (2 cups) for only 140 calories. Thats a big bowl of soup! It is only 70 calories/serving, but I normally eat the whole can. Just finished my first week and I am down 3.6 lbs as well! Woo-Hoo. Go us :) Feel free to add me and check out my diary.

GOOD LUCK!
  • fitX38
    fitX38 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing yesterday...so I googled "complex carbs" which I learned are stored in your muscles for several hours until used for energy...whole grains, certain veggies and fruits...the best articles that I found were on livestrong.com and search complex carbs :) hope that helps good luck
  • mburger84
    mburger84 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    High protein! so, Protein bars are great snack, curb hunger. Also, carbonated water is filling. Grapes and almonds are also a good option.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Protein Shakes Protein Shakes Clif Bars
  • elijhasmomma
    elijhasmomma Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I'm on a 4lbs a week kick too. At least for the first month because I've done it before I got pregnant..then all was lost LOL. I ate no more then 1600 cals a day ate 4 times a day every 4 hours. Included drinks and everything on cals. I walked/jogged 1-2 hrs about 4-5x a week and was down about 20-24lbs in a month. Now Im back with sooooooooooo much more to lose...120lbs is my goal. I workout every SINGLE day and will for the first 3 weeks. Then Ill take my sunday or saturday off alternating between weeks. I do about 60-65 mins of Zumba for my choice of cardio. I burn close to 950-1100 every single time depending on if I decide to go longer or throw a walk into my routine. I eat what I want...in moderation. AND it is all accounted for. Yup..if I even eat a single one oreo..I log it and count for that whopping 70cals. But i dnt deprive myself cuz then sooner or later i will break down and splurge. Just remember that you can eat what you want...as long as you are aware you have to burn it off in order to stay under your goal! Good luck
  • fliehlerb
    Options
    Flatbread Pizza
    1 Joseph's multigrain flatbread (90 cal)
    1/4 c. Ragu Super Vegetable Primavera (40 cal)
    2 slices Hormel Canadian Bacon (47 cal)
    1/4 c. mozzarella cheese (90 cal)

Layer them in order. I also added mushrooms to mine. Cook in a 400 degree oven for about 8-12 minutes until cheese browns.
    The entire pizza is only 267 calories. Add a piece of fruit too and you can still keep it under 300 for a filling lunch or dinner.

Good luck.
  • dmtodd58
    dmtodd58 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 1200 calories a day with 60 minutes of vigorous exercis 5 days a week. We'll see...
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I am doing a 1270 calorie/day diet and so I feel your pain! I have found that the Progresso LIGHT soups are pretty good. You can eat the whole can of chicken noodle (2 cups) for only 140 calories. Thats a big bowl of soup! It is only 70 calories/serving, but I normally eat the whole can. Just finished my first week and I am down 3.6 lbs as well! Woo-Hoo. Go us :) Feel free to add me and check out my diary.

GOOD LUCK!

you'll always lose more your first couple weeks. It will taper down though.
  • obrendao
    obrendao Posts: 318
    Options
    I did this one week.I cut back on a lot of carbs I think so I'm sure I lost water weight. It evened out thought. I was losing 2 lbs a week for a while, then 1 lb, then 4, then 1 again. Bodies just do that. I put more significance on my biweekly measurements than my weight. I loved it when I lost the 4 lbs but DON'T want to stress my body out too much - now I am focusing on strength training so all that quick loss will be gone by the wayside in place of some nice TONING and FIRMING. Goodl uck!
  • gsnappers
    Options
    Focus on higher fiber foods (veggies) and some low-cal protein foods like turkey.
  • shierrarobin
    Options
    I had that exact same problem at first, so I decided to search for filling low-calorie foods as well. I'm low class so I can't afford to buy all of the fancy dieting food. But a few things I have found that are very filling are Eggo Nutrigrain Waffles (170 calories for 2), the Great Value Fruit and Grain Bars (140 calories a piece), Quaker 100 calorie granola bars, Sara Lee 45-calorie Bread, Pizza Lean Pockets (290 calories a piece), 0% milk (80 calories per cup), and the bags of cereal you find in the knock off section of the cereal isle at WalMart (Fruity Pebbles knock off is 110 calories for every 3/4 cup).

I've pretty much been living off of this stuff and doing rigorous boot camp training every other day and I've been shedding off the pounds. My eating habits have been a little boring, but I always try to have a few pieces of pizza every now and then. :)
  • vidchick73
    vidchick73 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm doing protein shakes through a weight loss program. The closest I have found with the fewest calories that tastes decent is the Pure Protein. It has 130 calories per serving and 25 grams of protein. I tried the vanilla and didn't really care for it but I do like the cookies & cream, which I had to order from Amazon.

Another option that my boss told me about is called Psyllium Husks. I guess they are a plant and when they get wet, they expand, similar to gelatin. Put them in water, drink the water immediately, and it expands in your stomach to give you a fuller sensation. I have no idea where you can get them, maybe Whole Foods or a GNC type place?
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Filling low cal foods? cucumbers with balsamic vinegar, celery, Thin N Trim chicken sausages with sauteed onions, mushrooms, and peppers, sugar free jello, BreakStone two percent cottage cheese 4 oz, light bread with butter spray, cinammon, and Stevia in the raw, 1/4 cup oatmeal with 2 T dried fruit, fiber one cereal, Greek yogurt, chicken breast with baked zucchini, salmon pan seared on top of cooked spinach drizzled with balsamic cream (which is just reduced balsamic vinegar), boiled shrimp or lobster without butter - I had three lobsters for a total of 3.46 pounds steamed (about 10 ounces yield) for about 300 calories - sooo filling, strawberries with Stevia in the raw, apples, spaghetti squash with tomato sauce. Those are all my secrets. Make sure you give your body a break too. I had a "bad" eating weekend and then after two "good" days I lost 3 pounds. Just like working out, your body needs a change up to confuse it. I eat lots of protein and veggies. Good luck.
  • deathisvictory
    deathisvictory Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Tell me how in the world do you loose 4 lbs in a week? Whats your menu for the day like?

I keep my carbs minimal even though they are still very prominent in my diet.
    I also do a lot of dried fruit and nuts through the day. Exercise (cardio) 3-4 times a week and burn at least 400-600 calories per trip.

As of my last weigh in I had dropped 6 more lbs since this post.
  • deathisvictory
    Options
    You could honestly eat like a horse and still lose 4lbs in a week if you wanted to. I safely shredded 2 inches in less than two weeks off of my waist line and its stayed off. Its not all about WHAT you eat. Just remember 3500 calories equals 1 pound. Take that into account and as long as you burn 14,000 calories more than you take in you'll lose 4 pounds in 1 week. The odds of it staying off long are not the best, you'll get sick feeling and worn down unless you're conditioned for such a trek. If not. Good luck.

This is good advice. Congrats on your progress as well!
  • deathisvictory
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing yesterday...so I googled "complex carbs" which I learned are stored in your muscles for several hours until used for energy...whole grains, certain veggies and fruits...the best articles that I found were on livestrong.com and search complex carbs :) hope that helps good luck

Such a great source! I keep a bag of HEALTHY trail mix at my office to snack on through the day. Keep the hunger pains at a minimum. LOTS OF WATER!!
  • deathisvictory
    Options
    :drinker: I'm on a 4lbs a week kick too. At least for the first month because I've done it before I got pregnant..then all was lost LOL. I ate no more then 1600 cals a day ate 4 times a day every 4 hours. Included drinks and everything on cals. I walked/jogged 1-2 hrs about 4-5x a week and was down about 20-24lbs in a month. Now Im back with sooooooooooo much more to lose...120lbs is my goal. I workout every SINGLE day and will for the first 3 weeks. Then Ill take my sunday or saturday off alternating between weeks. I do about 60-65 mins of Zumba for my choice of cardio. I burn close to 950-1100 every single time depending on if I decide to go longer or throw a walk into my routine. I eat what I want...in moderation. AND it is all accounted for. Yup..if I even eat a single one oreo..I log it and count for that whopping 70cals. But i dnt deprive myself cuz then sooner or later i will break down and splurge. Just remember that you can eat what you want...as long as you are aware you have to burn it off in order to stay under your goal! Good luck

This has been my ideal as well. If I eat--I better be ready to burn it off at the gym. It helps me learn that I don't need to always eat when everyone else is as well.