Jumprope

Options
ok... I started to get bored with my routine at the gym and felt like I needed to really get my heart pumping, so I decided to start jump-roping. OMG!! How on earth did I do this for hours as a child??
I do admit, it feels great and I can now do 50-60 at a time. For those of you who are reading this thinking how easy it is, go grab a jumprope and see how long you can go for.. Not to mention how you feel like you're gonna die after... LOL
Hopefully its worth it and I get out if this rut I have been stuck in!! Ugh!
:tongue:

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I can jump rope for about 10 seconds. lol When I was a kid we jumped rope all day sometimes...of course we were a lot lighter and shorter then. :)

__

That reminds me of some of the other crazy things I did as a kid...we used to hang by a bar on the playground by our knees, swing, flip off and land on our feet. We did flips in mid-air on a bed or a mat in the gym. Biking with no hands. Riding on the back of a pickup truck. Hanging on to the back of a car in the winter and getting pulled. The joys of having no fear. I think we drill fear into our kids pretty early these days because my daughter hasn't done any of the crazy things I used to do. Then again she doesn't play marbles either...the 80's were awesome, but I'm suprised we all survived them.
  • SturgeonGal
    Options
    OMG.. I SOOO know what you mean.. I went out and got a jump rope figuring I can do this no problem .... YEA RIGHT... I managed to trip my self a few times and the most i can do in a row is 5 and that is if I do them in a walking fashion not both feet at once...:blushing:

now the jump rope hangs on the wall over my laptop on a nail and taunts me..:laugh: . I joined the gym instead.. I would rather kill my self working out for 60-90 minutes a day 4-5 days a week than jump rope right now.... LOL :tongue: :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    we used to hang by a bar on the playground by our knees, swing, flip off and land on our feet. We did flips in mid-air on a bed or a mat in the gym. Biking with no hands.
    My nine-year-old is constantly challenging (competing) against me. I have recently discovered that I CAN still ride a bike without hands (although only for a few seconds instead of minutes), but can no longer take my much stiffer, more weighted down body and flip it off any bar whatsoever unless that bar is serving mojitos :wink:
    I guess that's why they say that youth is wasted on the young.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    ok... I started to get bored with my routine at the gym and felt like I needed to really get my heart pumping, so I decided to start jump-roping. OMG!! How on earth did I do this for hours as a child??
    I do admit, it feels great and I can now do 50-60 at a time. For those of you who are reading this thinking how easy it is, go grab a jumprope and see how long you can go for.. Not to mention how you feel like you're gonna die after... LOL
    Hopefully its worth it and I get out if this rut I have been stuck in!! Ugh!
    :tongue:
    AWESOME FOR TRYING IT OUT. I sometimes take a jump rope on vacations to get some cardio in, but can only do 10 minute intervals and then have to do something else. It makes killer legs though :smile:
  • Stormwaj
    Stormwaj Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Jumping rope is perfect. I use it to increase my endurance and improve my footwork for boxing. I hope you continue to make it a part of your routine. 10 minutes jumping rope is harder than running for twice as long.

You're right, though. It seemed so much easier as a child.
  • dgweisblatt
    Options
    ..., but I'm suprised we all survived them.

I AGREE! We used to ride bikes without helmets too! And (I'm pretty old!) our car didn't have seatbelts! I often wonder how we all survived...and how much more dangerous it is nowadays...

I recently bought a jump rope, but it's still sitting in its box. You've inspired me - I'm gonna get it out and try it out!