One step closer a goal.

Options
I finally have a double jogging stroller for my children. I am one step closer to completing my first 5k! I can't wait to get out there tonight and jog with my boys for the first time!

Someone also told me about a local mommy running group. Everything is falling into place. :)

My husband's and my first 5k is on the 25th. I hope I have enough time to get into the position I need to run the whole way. Even if my body can't handle the impact from running on pavement, then I will walk to the finish line. Bottom line is that I WILL CROSS THE FINISH LINE!

Replies

• Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    You have awesome enthusiasm! I wish you well on your first 5K!!
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you already had the determination and now you've got the tools so get out there and get moving! I am sure you will do great!

Best of luck,
    Sherri
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Finishing last is far better than never starting! My first 5k (years ago) - I walked a lot - but I finished and it felt GREAT!
    Pushing a double stroller is a GREAT workout, too. I kind of miss those days.

I am hoping to do a 5k this October!
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!
  • leahsays
    leahsays Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I need a jogging stroller! I just put the seat back in the Graco & stick both kids in it. I've only actually started jogging with them the other day, but I loved it. I need to find a 5k around here. The Zombie Run is coming up in October, but I think it's all filled up! :(