Crazy canucks October 21,09

Options
weigh in up 2 pounds- I am on the yo yo part this month- one week back to start next week up. I will keep plugging away. I still like checking in because I still feel like I have to be accountable for my eating and exercise. Best of luck to you all.

Go Canada Go!!!

Replies

• Jay_83
    Jay_83 Posts: 446
    Options
    weigh in: 138.6
    i have been so busy. i will get the results up from last week as well.
  • madmama
    madmama Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a good week. I am at 141 this week, that means 1 more pound gone. I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel.:bigsmile:
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I really need to focus. I want 12 more pounds off....I have to start concentrating on my exercise and food really. I walk at least an hour a day-fast pace but I am enjoying crappy food for supper- my breakfast and lunches are pretty good- lots of nutrition....I need to be motivate to put my exercise tapes back on and get on the trendmill....Help I need to get motivated.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hey all..
    Not sure if I saw the thread last week.
    Hope everyone is doing well.

• teacherd
    Options
    Is Wednesday a weigh in day? I am not doing so well this week. My first week and finding it really hard to limit myself.... Hoping for better results in the next few days.
  • Jay_83
    Options
    Is Wednesday a weigh in day? I am not doing so well this week. My first week and finding it really hard to limit myself.... Hoping for better results in the next few days.

holy crap! already 3 pounds!!! very good dar!!!!
  • teacherd
    Options
    I am scared to weigh myself now though.... Very bad start to the week :frown: oh well.... tomorrow is a new day....
  • madmama
    madmama Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Never be scared to weigh yourself, use it as motivation to work harder.:heart:
  • Jay_83
    Options
    Here are the results!!!
    Congrats to teacherd for being the biggest loser of the week!!:bigsmile: :flowerforyou: Welcome to the team! First week and you're already the biggest loser!!!
    Looks like we have some competition Canadians!!!

teacherd 3.0 lbs. 1.63%
    Jay_83 2.0 lbs. 1.44%
    tttthumper 2.5lbs. 1.29%
    Madmama 1.0lb. 0.71%

Cyndi +2.0lbs. +1.32%

Thanks for checking in last week everyone. Looked like Thanksgiving was a little too good. :laugh:

Krystled
    TashaS
    loathesome

You are more than welcome to join the team farmboy104!!:flowerforyou:

And thanks for returning Canadians!!!

Healthymom2009 7.0lbs. 4.24%
    Mom_to_5 +2.6lbs.+2.26

So for the challenge this week, lets go back to the simple water challenge.
    Seems that the physical challenges are no longer wanted, so lets try to get
    in our 8 glasses of water a day. Drink as much as you can, reporting back
    by using the :drinker: .Lets get back on track.
    Good luck Canadians!!:bigsmile:
  • Jay_83
    Options
    I am scared to weigh myself now though.... Very bad start to the week :frown: oh well.... tomorrow is a new day....

dont be scared dar. all you do is weigh yourself once a week(wednesday) and the rest of the week, dont think about it. just keep track of your food and exercise and once a week you WILL see that number drop each week. dont get down on yourself, you are the biggest loser this week!!:bigsmile:
    Have a good week!!
  • sutts
    sutts Posts: 35
    Options
    Hello from northern Ontario
  • sutts
    Options
    Hi from snowy northern Ontario
    I joined this site a while ago but only started a weight loss program 2 weeks ago. Can new Canadian weight losers join in? Do you weigh in every week ? I need to lose 100 pounds, so I could use support. Thanks
  • Jay_83
    Options
    Hi from snowy northern Ontario
    I joined this site a while ago but only started a weight loss program 2 weeks ago. Can new Canadian weight losers join in? Do you weigh in every week ? I need to lose 100 pounds, so I could use support. Thanks
    Welcome!!! Of course you can join our team. We weigh in once a week, on Wednesdays. A new thread will be started for each weigh in. The following day, or close to it, I post results of your percentages and who the biggest loser is and also a challenge. I just need your starting weight so when you weigh in next week, I have your numbers to work with.

Thanks!
    Jay
  • sutts
    Options
    Hi again Jay:
    This is great. Today, I weigh 284.
    Thanks so much,
    Sutts
  • Jay_83
    Options
    hows water challenge going this fine saturday morning Canadians?:drinker: :drinker:
  • Berna
    Berna Posts: 23
    Options
    Hello from cold, wet, wonderful Newfoundland! I have read this thread a couple of times and would like to join. I work the wierdest hours and don't always get a chance to log my intake of food or water every day but do what I can when I can. I am failing miserably lately at my goal(s) both short term and long term. How does this water challenge work? And, can I join in the challenge and motivation?
    115940.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Jay_83
    Options
    Hello from cold, wet, wonderful Newfoundland! I have read this thread a couple of times and would like to join. I work the wierdest hours and don't always get a chance to log my intake of food or water every day but do what I can when I can. I am failing miserably lately at my goal(s) both short term and long term. How does this water challenge work? And, can I join in the challenge and motivation?
    115940.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    Of course you can join our team. Always looking for more Canadians to join. Water challenge is to see how many of glasses of water you can drink in a day. Normally 8 would be good for anyone, but seeing that we are trying to lose some weight here, more would be better. letting me know how many you can drink in a day, now or on wednesday, and then I would see who the winner is. gets people motivated to drink more water, which helps a great deal with this journey.
    YESYESYES you can join.:bigsmile:
  • Jay_83
    Options
    Yes I know I have been posting a lot more lately, but I was reading through my shape magazine and found a page I would like to share.

Drop a pound by Friday:

Diet Tweaks: 1. Have eggs in the morning (research shows that you will consume fewer calories during the day than if you ate a bagel and cream cheese)
    2.Order the lunch combo(instead of a turkey on wheat, have a small broth based soup and half of that sandwich. the soup will fill you up and save 250 calories or more)
    3. Downsize your drink(order a calorie free tea or coffee with low fat milk in place of a low fat latte, saves you around 200 calories)
    4. Snack smarter(half a cup of light ice cream or 100 calorie pack of micro popcorn instead of chips and dip-saves you 210 calories AND 17 fat grams(ugh))
    5.Pare down your pie(order the thin crust with half the cheese, saves you 280 calories and 19 fat grams)
    6. Ban the bread basket(just one roll with butter contains 313 calories and 19 fat grams)
    7. Order a subsitute(instead of hashbrown, order fruit and order turkey bacon(I LOVE TURKEY BACON) instead of sausage- save 246 calories and 26 fat grams)

Exercise Tweaks: 1. Take the stairs(clock a total of 30 minutes througout the day and you'll climb off 231 calories)
    2. Say om(pop in a 45 minute power yoga, in addition to decompressing you will burn at least 250 calories)
    3. Sign up for a class(take an hour long body sculting class instead of your normal routine. by challenging your muscles in a new way, you can sweat off 266 calories)
    4. Clean house(Crank up your fav tunes and completely scrub down, you can blast up to 266 calories in an hour)
    5. Meet up for a stroll(instead of gossiping over drinks(high calorie drinks) convince a friend to power walk around a park with you for 45 minutes. burning 300 calories each)
    6. Hit the dance floor(Shake and shimmy for 45 minutes to shave 266 calories from your daily tally)
    7. Play a video game( Nintendo Wii-playing the boxing game for 30 minutes torches about 216 calories and the tennis burns 159 calories)

Hope some of these ideas help. Good luck Canadians!!!!

And just remember: Eating 1 cup of bread stuffing, half cup of turkey gravy and 8 onz of roasted turkey adds up to 720 calories, which takes 104 minutes of hiking to burn off. Watch what you eat Canucks!!
  • teacherd
    Options
    :drinker: not doing so well.... only reaching around four.... find it hard at work to fill the bottle...
  • Jay_83
    Options
    :drinker: not doing so well.... only reaching around four.... find it hard at work to fill the bottle...

four is a good place to start. try a little more each day, i bet in a couple weeks you'll get up to 8 for sure. maybe try to get 5 a day now. work your way up.

p.s. dont keep such an eye on the scale my dear, just update your ticker on weigh in days, then it wont drive you crazy. lol but whatever is working for you is great. 6 pounds is a GREAT start dar!!!!:bigsmile: Congrats!!