7 months into MFP, Day 1 of Insanity

Options
I have been on MFP since December and lost over 50 lbs so far, my goals now include toning, muscle strengthening ext. So... my husband and I decided to do Insanity together. We just finished the Day 1 Fit Test, and it was rough!!! I can't wait to improve and advance myself with this challenge! Hopefully in 60 days I will be putting up some amazing before and after pics on success stories after my Insanity adventure!

Has anyone out there had great results with Insanity? If so, I would love to hear your stories, tips, nutrition ideas.......

Replies

• nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • nursenikki829
    Options
    Anybody? I known it's a tough workout, so I am looking for people that have been able to tough it out!
  • Fit_SailorsWife
    Fit_SailorsWife Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 10 and my legs have gained A LOT of muscle already. My problem area is my tummy so I'm hoping for a toned stomach when I finish!
  • chynatowngirl44
    chynatowngirl44 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    If you are willing to open this up to a group effort for support and motivation I would love to join in. I have decided to do the Insanity Challenge myself. The first time around I injured my left knee, but I am ready to jump back into the game and get Insane again.
  • nursenikki829
    Options
    An Insanity challenge group sounds good to me! We are all here to support each other!
  • phatycake
    phatycake Posts: 216
    Options
    I started INSANITY today also! I burned 751 calories in 50 minutes! Its amazing. Good luck, you've got this!
  • BradHallFitness
    BradHallFitness Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I've completed Insanity. Great workout program. Dropped from 13% to 8% body fat doing that workout. Awesome endurance training and great workout overall.

Brad Hall
    P90X Certified Professional
  • HugznKiki
    HugznKiki Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I have never finished it. I initially started it a year ago before my wedding, and reached my goal weight within the first month and was looking amaking!! So I didn't finish, however AFTER the wedding, I put the weight back on and some, so now I'm back at it, now in Week 2 and I am already toning. If you stick with it, I'm sure you will get the results you desire, feel free to add me so that we can encourge each other, I have quite a few other pals that are getting INSANE too!!!! ;D
  • MelissaYeis22
    MelissaYeis22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The beach body website also has forums for group of people who were doing the insanity workout. They are you will find a lot of before and after pictures and progress reports!
  • ddevenny
    Options
    Hi - I am in month 2 of Insanity. I thought the first day fitness test was impossible and that I would never make it. I have now done 3 fitness tests and my numbers have doubled! It is an amazing program. I do it every other day and do yoga in between. So I am on the 4 month plan :) When I first started I had a goal of increasing the length of my workouts each time - even if just by a minute. By the end of month 1 I had lost several inches off of my thighs and stomach. I feel stronger than ever and can even do a real push up!

My advice is to really read the nutrition guide that came with the Insanity program. Most people have to increase their caloric intake a lot in order to lose weight, gain lean muscle on Insanity - not logical but true! Each workout can burn up to 1,000 calories so you need a ton more calories to keep your metabolism going. I now eat once every 2 hours on Insanity days - clean foods, healthy snacks and TONS of protein.

Also - it is important to drink a protein shake or glass of chocolate milk immediately after each workout - you will read this in the nutrition book but it bares repeating! Also that glass of yummy chocolate milk was motivation some days to just get to the end of the workouts:)

You should also join Beachbody.com and tell them that you bought the Insanity program and they will hook you up with a fitness and nutrition counselor for free. It is a very tricky program because everything has to be inline in order to succeed - nutrition, calories, breathing techniques, heart rate, etc.

The upside - Shaun T. is hot!! and extremely motivating.

The downside - I blew out a knee in week 6 and had to take some time to recover. Also once you do Insanity no other workout ever feels quit "as good".

Best of Luck! You can totally do this!!! It's so worth it!!
  • nursenikki829
    Options
    Thanks for the info guys!
  • strikermiz
    strikermiz Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just did my fit test on Monday 7/31. It's pretty tough but well worth it in my opinion. Someone started a group just the other day if you want to join. It's called Insanity challenge 7/31. It's open to the public and everyone's start date varies. Come join us!,