Gonna start Power 90

Options
Thanks to a success story I read, my enthusiasm for Power 90 has been rekindled! Back when it was fairly new (I mean VHS days), I lost 11 pounds after 90 days and I didn't reallly think too much about my eating habits. I thought the results were a bit poor and didn't really commit to doing it again. Years have passed and now I understand 1, you have to eat well, 2, 11 pounds was a wonderful start, and 3, P90 + MFP = good results a-brewin', I am up for the challenge again. Seeing that this is August 1, it's not a bad idea to make a change!

Well, if anyone is down with me, give me a jingle. I wouldn't mind the company. Holla! :)

Replies

• xoalyssaox
    xoalyssaox Posts: 320
    Options
    Awesome!! You got this. Keep pushing play every day :)
    Thanks to a success story I read, my enthusiasm for Power 90 has been rekindled! Back when it was fairly new (I mean VHS days), I lost 11 pounds after 90 days and I didn't reallly think too much about my eating habits. I thought the results were a bit poor and didn't really commit to doing it again. Years have passed and now I understand 1, you have to eat well, 2, 11 pounds was a wonderful start, and 3, P90 + MFP = good results a-brewin', I am up for the challenge again. Seeing that this is August 1, it's not a bad idea to make a change!

Well, if anyone is down with me, give me a jingle. I wouldn't mind the company. Holla! :)
  • cklowery36
    cklowery36 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I guess your ears were burning since you were my inspiration! :wink:
  • deniselynn13
    deniselynn13 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hey!!! I am actually starting Power 90 on Monday!!! I have done it before and got good results as well. I am just finishing up 4 weeks of the Slim Series and am heading into Power 90 then P90X then Insanity.

I would love the company!
  • Beana21
    Beana21 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 85 of Power 90 and today I finally reached my program weight loss goal of 25 lbs. Hoping for an extra one or two before I finish the program on the 6th. In a couple of weeks (after vacation) I'm gonna move on to P90x. Keep your fingers crossed. lol

Best of luck! :smile:
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Good for you! My husband and I are around day 68 and have been doing level 3-4 for a week now. I've lost about 12 pounds so far (about 28% of my goal), and between the getting up early to work out and tracking food, it's been a great way for me to start some good habits. I hope just because the higher levels are so much more intense, I will lose another 5 pounds by the time I hit 90 days at the end of the month.

We thought long and hard about where to go from here, and decided to go with Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution rather than another Beachbody program, as her workouts would be a little easier to complete in our time frame.

Good luck! :wink:
  • grishnic
    grishnic Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm doing power 90 as well. I'm not really tracking what day I'm on. I'm just trying to do it at least 5 times a week along with watching what I eat. I've been doing it about a month though and I've lost 5 pounds so far.
  • cklowery36
    cklowery36 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Well, so far, I'm done with day 2 and my quads - just that part right above the knees, want to either cramp or fail because I pushed too hard on the lunges. Ugh, I forgot about the power of the lunge! :sad: I'm still in it to win it though! :wink:
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    That is the program I began with. It really got me to love working out. I did level 1-2 dvd the entire first 90 days. Then I swapped right into P90X and Jillian Michaels 30 day shred.

Overall, I like original P90 the best of any DVD workout.
  • Suz_8589
    Suz_8589 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I just got my Power 90 DVD today and tried it out this morning. I did the first workout but I dont know what to put it under to mark my exercise for the day? What do I put it under? HELP
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I wore my HRM for each of the two workouts and then created my own exercises for logging purposes. I actually put sculpt under cardio rather than weights since I knew the calories I burned during the workout. Helps me keep track a little easier.