LADIES ONLY PLEASE!!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Yeah. You retain water, you bloat up, you get cravings for the bad stuff. Just try to behave and be patient.
  • MommieTo3Boys
    Options
    Yea, I have gained 10lbs during a cycle before. And it actually stayed for a week after before it finally went away. That water weight is no joke sometimes. I have decided that it is easier to just not weight during those times and to wait a few days after. :)
  • Smithslivingclean
    Smithslivingclean Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey! Don't stress over it too much. I don't know about everyone else, but I typically bloat a lot prior to my cycle which doesn't do me a bit of good on the scale. Also, keep a lookout on your sodium intake. I realized that last week that my sodium levels were usually too high and my scale wouldn't budge. But keep in mind that every week will not be a dramatic loss. If you are just starting out (depending on how many calories you cut from what your body is use to) your body may go into shock and will retain extra water (thats what my body does). Just take it a day at a time and weigh-in one week at a time. Unfortunately it is a slow process that can be upsetting at times, but just remember that we are changing our lives for the better.

Thanks so much! Thats awesome!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    yep, i gain over 5 lbs during that time of the month. it sucks, but it will go away. drink lots of water
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Bloat and water weight. The more weight I lose, the worse it gets for me. No worries though, its just temporary.
  • Smithslivingclean
    Smithslivingclean Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The weight loss process is not stopped due to menstruation. Extreme hormone fluctuations can change your metabolism rate but do not prohibit weight loss. Men and women both can have their weight fluctuate several pounds in just a day with changes in hydration/water retention/salt intake.

Daily attention to hydration helps your body shed calories its most efficiently as well as keeping everything lubricated on the inside-think of it like the oil in your car.

Regular exercise is the single most effective way to reduce cramping, especially at any signs of cramping-it helps your muscles to relax post exercise.

Proper nutrition ongoing minimizes cramps-consumption of evening primrose oil is widespread as a female specific supplement to provide essential fatty acids and prevent cramping. I take it daily.

The heavier you are, the more calories burned while exercising. As you lose, you slowly burn less doing the same workout. Do not expect to lose at the same rate with the same calories and same workout.

Scale results are not equal to workout effort always. Keeping up the intensity in your workouts is great, so is interval training. try not to be too disappointed with the scale results. If I am on target with food goals and exercising I see progress on the scale. The higher the expectation, the bigger the disappointment. Loss is a target, think of the weigh in results as a reward not completely in your control. You get a reward, why be the spoiled brat who is unhappy with the prize? Next time it could be better or the same, but you are getting rewards (results) for your work. Agree?

Good stuff!!!!
    Thanks for the feedback!
  • cPT_Helice
    cPT_Helice Posts: 403
    Options
    I don't even weight myself that week. Pointless.
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I retain water, too bu more so on my period like most women. It goes away but It sucks and you're all bloated and your jeans don't fit right ontop of fat you may have gained like I have.... :/
  • mommamisty823
    Options
    yep, usually 3-5 pounds even with exercise. and i'm so friggin fatigued it's hard to get my butt off of the couch or put of bed during that time. it goes away though (at least for me) with next weigh in.
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I always do my weigh-in the weekend after TOM. I've also noticed that cramping goes away after my first TOM workout. Thank you for that, gym!
  • sbaten
    sbaten Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I actually kept track of my weight everyday for three months (before trying to lose weight). I noticed a 3-7 lb increase in weight during TOM. Have just started weight loss program, so haven't hit TOM yet, but hoping to see a little less fluctuation, since eating habits are more consistent.