Tae Bo?

Options
I did tae bo way back when it was on vhs, and I remember loving it a lot-you're never bored, you keep moving, it's not that long a workout, and you don't have to buy any stupid equipment that takes up space. I haven't heard anything about this series in year, and when I went to the site I saw Billy Blanks has a LOT of new videos to choose from, but I don't know what to pick. Has anyone tried these recently? Which one did you go with?

Replies

• soo_z
    soo_z Posts: 42
    Options
    I love Tae Bo!! I have the old DVD's... I cycle them so I do a different DVD every few days (I get bored easily),
  • buddieannwrites
    Options
    I used to love Tae Bo!! I did it in middle school PE class and we were always entertained. I've thought about buying it as well. One thing I've got that keeps me entertained is Zumba for my Wii. I love it!
  • ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I just started tae bo live beginner today, and am loving it. . But it is old and on vhs, got the entire set at goodwill for 2 bucks.
  • soo_z
    soo_z Posts: 42
    Options
    It makes me pour sweat!!!
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I have a LOT of his DVDs. They all seem very similar, just in different patterns. All seem to run about 40-50 minutes. A lot add equipment like gloves, bands, weighted bars, etc.
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Tae Bo! That's why Combat and Kickboxing are my favorite classes at the gym!

Some of the newer dvds are a little more "extreme" but you can modify for lower impact if you need to.
  • ballerina454
    ballerina454 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE tae bo! Nothing like a workout with Billy! I burn so many cals its crazy and it tones me super fast! :-) Kickin it old school!
  • curryinahurry
    curryinahurry Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    his old ones are better!
  • bassmanlarry
    bassmanlarry Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    The old ones on VHS were the best, but many of the dvd's still offer the same moves. My favorite is Tae Bo Flex, though it's not as cardio intense as some of the others. There are plenty of them out there, I bought all of my Tae Bo DVD's from Goodwill. I guess their previous owners moved on to something else.