Just getting started

Options
Hey! I just started on this site looking for some support as well the encouragment towards my goal. I'm aiming to be 136 pounds, but I'm struggling to properly lose this weight due to my dreadful stomach overhang I've had since I was about eight. At the age of twelve I weight a whopping 220 lbs. I am now eighteen and at the weight of 144, due to healthier eating habits and lots of walking. My stomach did get smaller, but it hasnt gone away.I have struggled to figure out ways to shrinken this stomach and it makes me worried for my future health/ self image and also if I want to have children of my own. The hang I have a hang isn't huge, but it is definitely not that small. If anyone can share any ideas on how to lose it or make it smaller or even success stories that'd be great!

Cheers,

Bria

Replies

• pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I have a similar problem. My stomach sticks out no matter how much weight I lose. I recently went on the candida cleanse for 10 days...absolutely NO sugar, and I lost 7 pounds and my stomach got the flatest it has ever been. Your problem could be yeast and sugar. Check out a book called The Yeast Connection and Women's Health. It really changed my perspective on things. I went back to over eating sugar and my stomach bloated up again so now I am cutting again. I am not totally sugar free but I am staying within my recommended amount on MFP and I already see a difference. Also check out Livestrong's article on sugar...very enlightening. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. Welcome! :-)

Oh and the book is by Dr. William G. Crook.
  • AvocadoMe
    Options
    I definitely am going to read into that candida cleanse! I'll definitely add you! Thanks!