Newbie needs friends

Options
I'm a 38-year-old mother of three with an amazing husband. My goal is lose 70 pounds but the REAL goal is to look good naked. Just started MyFitnessPal this week (I joined back in February but it took me till this week to buck up and get committed). I need to find friends who will encourage but will also be brutally honest. :happy:

Replies

• Brenda_1965
    Brenda_1965 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Im in! Please add me because I'm not sure how to add you! I have a friend who has lost 70 pounds over 2 years and saw her this week. She looks awesome, and she is so supportive. She lost the weight kind of by accident... She wanted to do a triathlon with another friend. That's where it started! She told me to do this...
    Go to the gym 4 times a week for 30 min. Count your laps and journal. Each day try to make it further in the thirty minutes. Eventually you and I will be running the whole thirty minutes straight. Today I ran 30 laps and walked only four. I did a straight mile in 12 minutes, but at first I couldn't make it a half mile... That was only a week ago. My goal is to do a 3k fun run with her in October. Let me know if this helps. I'm making my exercise notes public so you can look at them if you want. Please share your journals with me too!

7/27 28 min. 16 laps run.
    16 laps walk. 32 total
    -began with run 2 laps

7/28 31 min. 21 laps run.
    14 laps walk. 35 total
    -began with run 8 laps
    (5 min.=.5 mi.)

7/31 30 min. 28 laps run.
    5 laps walk. 33 total
    -began with run 24 laps
    (back from vacation...Olympics on at cc) (13 min.=1 mi/19 min.=1.5 mi.

8/1 30 min. 30 laps run.
    4 laps walk 34 total
    -began with a 12 minute mile. - 16 laps in 12 minutes