Plateu Problems

Options
Hello!

I'm 21 years old, 5'4" and 132 pounds aiming for 120. I've been at this a little while already (down from a height of 166). This is the first plateu I've hit, where the last two-three weeks have just been bouncing between 130 and 135. I usually eat around 1200 calories (usually a little more on the weekends) and I work out for between an hour and an hour and a half four days a week (yoga, including some of the more intense arm balances, and stretching followed by a 1-3 mile run and then weight lifting for 20 minutes or so). I've tried upping my calories for a few days at a time, but I'm yet to try lowering any further intentionally (I've heard that can be unhealthy, and I don't think it would make me happy to do it for more than a few days at a time).

Any suggestions for breaking the plateu? The two suggestions I've heard the most seem to be either "eat more" or "change routine." How could I change my routine to be more effective? Or are there other suggestions? I'd prefer not to go the "eat more" route, since I've noticed that even after a weekend or a trip where I eat closer to 1500 or more a day I gain weight back fairly quickly, without it having any effect once I battle my way back down during the next week...

Thank you.

Replies

• leannehoggdodd
    Options
    Hi, try sticking to your 1200 but really mix up your diet - also try to not mix carbs and protein in one meal I find that really helps.

If I eat meat I try to have it with salad or veggies (not spuds), another tip is to switch to.brown rice and wholemeal pasta

Hope that helps but you do sound like your at a nice weight maybe you.have reached a weight you body is happy with?
    :-)