Stressed out

Options
WARNING *vent + whining below*

O.K. - this is my 2nd attempt :laugh: I am mega stressed out and have way too much on my plate right now and can't do a damn thing about it. :grumble: So I guess I just need some, well something!! A shoulder to cry on. My best friend has her head stuck up her toucas( :laugh: ) right now and I can't even talk to her. She is just clueless. Funny thing, she is doing WW and has lost 25 lbs but is clueless about my weight loss. Even though we've discussed our various plans, etc. We were at the Valentines dinner at church and I mentioned that my new skirt was a size 18 and she looked at me, seriously, and said "Is this a good thing?" I was totally floored. Yeah, you betcha. I'm telling you this in front of witnesses who can hear because it's bad. Good Lord. Some kind of support! I guess I'm still ticked!

Anyhow, I am burning out. Dealing with people, estates, still recovering from 3 deaths in the family last year ( 2 in dh, and 1 in mine) and trying to catch all the fallout my dh doesn't get done around the house. Plus I have this meeting 2 hours away tomorrow and we have to be there by 8. So I'll have to get up at 4:30 and spend 2 hours driving, 8 hours sitting in meetings, and 2 hours back. :ohwell: So I'm just in the dumps today I guess!! I couldn't even finish my 20 minute workout this a.m. Got 15 of it in though before I just couldn't anymore.

Guess I better quit whining now!! Thanks guys for listening :flowerforyou:

Oh, and with all this going on, I just now find out there are 2 boxes of donuts at work today. OMG. I am so tired of fighting the donut thing!!! And 1 is from Krispy Kreme. Wish me luck :ohwell:

Replies

• MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    WARNING *vent + whining below*

O.K. - this is my 2nd attempt :laugh: I am mega stressed out and have way too much on my plate right now and can't do a damn thing about it. :grumble: So I guess I just need some, well something!! A shoulder to cry on. My best friend has her head stuck up her toucas( :laugh: ) right now and I can't even talk to her. She is just clueless. Funny thing, she is doing WW and has lost 25 lbs but is clueless about my weight loss. Even though we've discussed our various plans, etc. We were at the Valentines dinner at church and I mentioned that my new skirt was a size 18 and she looked at me, seriously, and said "Is this a good thing?" I was totally floored. Yeah, you betcha. I'm telling you this in front of witnesses who can hear because it's bad. Good Lord. Some kind of support! I guess I'm still ticked!

Anyhow, I am burning out. Dealing with people, estates, still recovering from 3 deaths in the family last year ( 2 in dh, and 1 in mine) and trying to catch all the fallout my dh doesn't get done around the house. Plus I have this meeting 2 hours away tomorrow and we have to be there by 8. So I'll have to get up at 4:30 and spend 2 hours driving, 8 hours sitting in meetings, and 2 hours back. :ohwell: So I'm just in the dumps today I guess!! I couldn't even finish my 20 minute workout this a.m. Got 15 of it in though before I just couldn't anymore.

Guess I better quit whining now!! Thanks guys for listening :flowerforyou:

Oh, and with all this going on, I just now find out there are 2 boxes of donuts at work today. OMG. I am so tired of fighting the donut thing!!! And 1 is from Krispy Kreme. Wish me luck :ohwell:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    It's interesting how our friends can be the most insensitive folks in our lives sometimes. A smaller size is always something to celebrate!

Be gentle with yourself. When you are stressed, it becomes even more important to treat your body right. I assure you, you deserve it. Make sure you're eating good, nutrient rich foods whenever possible. Find some time (even five minutes) for yourself every day and do something you enjoy. Make your workouts non-negotiable, taking even fifteen minutes is fabulous! This is huge for me during times of stress. And, constantly remind yourself that this is temporary, and all things change and pass.

:flowerforyou:
  • alaskagal
    Options
    Whine on, sista! That's what we are here for. :smile:

I'm truly sorry to hear that you are on overload at the moment. Sometimes LIFE just really dumps on us. I try to remember at those times that I'm lucky just because I'm living. (Doesn't always help, I know).

Take a couple minutes (or seconds if that's all you have) and just breathe for yourself. In.....out.....in.....out..... Clear your mind and don't worry about anyone else for a minute. Sounds hokey but it helps me.

BTW, way to go on the size 18! Keep up the good work. And, YES, you can do this.

Peace & sanity -
    :flowerforyou:
  • Soniabruja
    Options
    Some-times you have to think for your self and don't care what other people think about you.....
    Another thing: STRESS ... that's not good for your health... In some situations just breath in&breath out...
    It really works..What is the worst thing that can happen? Don't let work stress you out!!
    AND DON'T QUIT!!!
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!:flowerforyou: :heart:
    Sonia
  • MontanaGirl
    Options
    Thanks guys!! You rock! I really appreciate the support - and really need it right now!! :heart:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    So sorry your friend isn't very supportive, but you have all of us for that don't forget. Maybe a gentle talk with your friend would help on that front. If you are keep feelings pent up sometimes you end up resenting the person. Be honest with her about how she made you feel and maybe you will open up her eyes.
  • MontanaGirl
    Options
    You're right kjllose I have been resenting her. I do need to be gentle with her though, and I haven't said anything, because she just had her tonsils taken out on Jan 25. She's recovered well, but with all the issues she has going on right now I have refrained from saying anything. Thanks for the support and for being there! At least here I have someone(s) I can vent to that will listen and understand!! :heart: