P90X help

Options
I am about 50 pounds overweight. A week ago, I started P90X. I follow the diet, as well as record my food intake in a food journal, as well as on the myfitnesspal app. My app tells me to eat 1450 calories a day so that is what I am doing, or close to it. I am also trying to drink at least 100 ounces of water a day.

For those who are or have been overweight, when you started the change, how long did it take before you noticed a difference. I have been to a doctor to make sure everything blood wise is in check and have been on thyroid medicine for 5 weeks.

Replies

• iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    After one month I thought I noticed a difference. The scale was down a few pounds but nothing major. Maybe my pants fit better. Not sure

Two months... okay, my pants are fitting better for sure. I think this is really working. I need to stick with this another month.

Three months... Pretty noticeable difference now. Other people are commenting that it looks like I lost weight. Motivation to lose is pretty high

Four months ... Help! My pants don't fit. I think I need a smaller belt because I'm one notch past the smallest hole (Made a new hole on the belt myself) I really need to get some new clothes.

The P90X program is amazing. One of my good friends is using this and he's lost way more weight than I have. He looks amazing now. I think he's been doing this 3-4 months and it's like he's a totally new person. Great transformation.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I started P90X in January of 2011 at the weight of 186 pounds and approximately 27% body fat, with a 39" waist and 40" abdomen. I had a mixture of size 38 and 36 pants, most of the size 36 were kind of tight. I also wore large shirts.

For the first two weeks, I did the workouts, but didn't really change my eating. I lost about 3lbs, didn't really have a whole lot of change. Then I started tracking calories and protein (emphasizing 2000 or less calories per day and higher protein intake). When I started doing that, the weight started dropping and the waistline started shrinking.

I also struggled with fearing the "rest week" and its lower intensity at first. Funny enough, I think that first rest week was my highest weekly weight loss and measurement change during the entire program!

Within six months (I did P90X first, then a mixture of going to the gym and doing P90X+ videos the next three months) I was around 160lbs, down to likely about 15% body fat, in the range of having a 32" waist and 31" abdomen. None of my old pants/shorts would stay on, and I had to downsize to medium and sometimes even small shirts.

tl;dr - P90X is great, I recommend it to many people who want to find out what they are truly capable of.