I'm so bad... couldn't get out of bed.

My goal is to work out 5 days a week.... MTWTF

But I get to Thursday and I'm fagged out so I do MTWFS instead giving me two one day breaks a week rather than a two day break.

Is a two day break better??

Replies

• gracieabem
    gracieabem Posts: 211
    I can't see it being better or worse in general, but if you are tired come Thursday then your body may be telling you something. I'd listen to your body.

I was aiming to work out MTWTF this week, but come Tuesday (start of the week no less!) I was appalling sluggish. So I didn't. I was tired and lacking in sleep as well, so sometimes you just need to go easy.

I also realised later that, whilst feeling a tad guilty over my missed session, that I have a race on Sunday! I didn't need to do an extra day during the week. I'm just about to pop out for my Thursday session and it feels fine, in fact I'm looking forward to it. Sometimes it takes a while for our bodies to adapt and sometimes we are just too tired. Rest days are very important. Good luck!
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    i think it depends on what your workout consists of and for how long. if youre doing strength you need days of rest for those specific muscle groups so you dont overwork certain muscle groups.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Fagged out?
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    What is you do something different on those two days? I run M-W-F-Sa, do strength training Tu-Th, and rest Su. If I am not up to much strength training, I might do mostly yoga or something else low impact. If on M I am still popped out from my Sa long run, then I will run slower or shorter and fill in with something else.

You can keep to your goal and still work some rest into your schedule too.

You could also be coming down with something, hitting a low energy point in your cycle, etc. too. Next time you can't get out of bed, go for a walk over lunch or something, so that you still get out and get your body moving, and don't have to feel like you failed.
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    As long as your getting your rest days, its really up to you how you do it. Don't work the same muscles twice in a row, give them time to rebuild. You can even break it up and have a rest day during the week. Just gauge how you feel and how things work into your schedule, that is what I do. Good luck!
  • Fagged out?

Aussie slang! :laugh: He means he's exhausted.
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Fagged out?
    Means tired, exhausted. Its a UK thing I think.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Fagged out?

It's a different connotation than what we have in the states.

That said, if you over-work yourself, you won't be able to do the routine you want. Pushing yourself hard will only result in an injury.
    When I did weight training (used in it's proper context) we would lift m/w/f. t/th, we would run and give our body a break. When I started training later on, I would work on my upper body and use a treadmill/stationary bike, on the next day I would work my lower body. my routine was
    monday, upper, tues. lower. weds. just bike/walk, thurs lower, friday upper. (I didn't want sorish legs on a fri/sat)

I saw a personal trainer awhile back and she said, in between sets, if you do a 1-2 minute calisthenic exercise to get your heart going again, you'll burn more calories.
  • CassiusKnox
    CassiusKnox Posts: 305 Member
    Fagged out?

Yeah sorry... seems to be a british/australian expression. It means tired / exhausted.

I don't mean it in the American sence - to be dressed up as a homosexual. If I woke up 'fagged out' in the American sense I would have to assume someone had slipped me a roofie.