Jillian Michaels hand weights

Options
Hi everyone,
Has anyone purchased Jillian Michael's hand weight set from Wal-Mart? If so are they worth getting? I am looking for a good hand weight set. I would love to get bow flex but they are to expensive right now. :)

Thanks

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Has anyone purchased Jillian Michael's hand weight set from Wal-Mart? If so are they worth getting? I am looking for a good hand weight set. I would love to get bow flex but they are to expensive right now. :)

Thanks

Honestly you can't even compare them. If you were even thinking of looking at the Bowflex weight set then most likely you're too strong for the JM set. It's a very basic set of very light weights made specifically for doing JM videos with. You won't be using them with any other kind of workout because most workout programs involve you lifting much more weight for much fewer reps.

Please don't take this as insulting, it really isn't meant to sound that way, but the fact that you mentioned these two even in the same sentence tells me you don't yet know what you need or want in a weight set or what you plan on doing with it. This is something that should be remedied before you plan on doing any further shopping.
  • nickhuffman74
    nickhuffman74 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Thanks

You will probably out grow these pretty quickly depending on what your goals are. You might consider some of these

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-25-lb.-Adjustable-Weight-Speed-Pack/12441626

They make a more expensive set

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bowflex-SelectTech-552-Dumbbells/14660327
  • nickhuffman74
    nickhuffman74 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    DUh I just posted a link to Bowflew hand weights. LMAO@me
  • tvl0308
    tvl0308 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response you two!!! I will check it out.
  • jpbarlow
    Options
    I have them and I love them! I find them adequate for everyday use and I workout 5x a week!