Here I am, and I'm ready to rock!

Options
Cindy393
Cindy393 Posts: 268 Member
Hi all,

At the urging of a friend, I decided to try this website. For what I am positive will be the last time, I am making a huge lifestyle change. I am 50 and it opened my eyes to what I need to do with my life. I have 2 sons and 2 stepdaughters, and I want to be around a long time. Hopefully I'll see a grandchild soon....I want to improve my health, I want to look good and I want to feel better! I am enlisting the help of my husband, who needs to lose a good 100 lbs. We are supporting each other, and he even created a profile on here!

My biggest challenge in losing weight is to not give up. I love food. Plain and simple. Making my brain realize that I don't need 2 cheeseburgers is a very hard concept. I know how good thinner feels, and I need to make my brain understand that I don't need that yukky food to make me happy, because it really doesn't.

I am from Ohio, and I am looking for new friends to support, as well as give me the support I need.

Thanks for reading!

Cindy

Replies

• oeci
    oeci Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey Cindy! I'm Kristi, and I am ready to rock too! I'm 29, and have 4 kids. My weight gain was gradual over the years after having each child, however, I didn't get a wake up call until I tied my shoe, and ran out of breath. Complete depression hit me. My brother and I have decided to lose weight together, so here I am! :)
  • styefeto
    styefeto Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, both of you guys... I'm Estye, I'm also 29, with 2 kids... I would love to be friends... I really need the support, too... I am seriously motivated, but it's so hard and I just look in the mirror and get so depressed and overwhelmed by what I need to do... My husband is sitting upstairs eating candy to his skinny little heart's delight, and then just offers me ice cream! ...so I really need to find some friends on here to keep me on track!
  • Cindy393
    Options
    hi Kristi! Best of luck to you both--we are going to do this!

I know what you mean-I'm the same way with bending over. I'm not hugely overweight, but I'm sure not happy with any of this weight gain.

Let's rock!!!
  • Cindy393
    Options
    Hi Estye!

Aren't husbands just wonderful? Especially the ones with the metabolism of a tiger lol....my two sons are like that! That's why I'm so glad I got my hubby involved in this as well. We are supporting each other, which will make it so much easier, and I feel accountable since I'm the cook in the family :)
  • planewatcher
    Options
    Hey guys... Don't believe my profile.. :-) I am a young man that just turned 50 on July 4th...
    I have 2 boys of my own and a stepson, 2 adopted grand kids and 2 loves in the oven with 2 of 3...
    I am excited about the new entries come November and February.. I definately want to see them grow up..
    I fell off the wagon due to life and gained 17 of the 33 lbs lost earlier in the year... Just signed my wife of 19 years up at the gym for more support... We can and will do this.... LET'S ROCK!!!
  • tibeck01
    tibeck01 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi, Cindy...YOU ROCK!!! It's great that you and your husband are both in this together....it's much easier that way, plus you can motivate each other. Some tips...Find healthy foods you love so you don't need the cheeseburger. Replace junk food in your kitchen with healthy versions and find a couple different exercises that you enjoy and get out there!! Committing is half the battle but you can do it! Good luck to you and your husband.
    P.S. What works to keep me motivated is my favorite pair of pants. I refust to give up until I can wear them again. Set a goal that you can see and feel and it has worked for me better than (but along with) a goal weight.
  • Leggo1288
    Leggo1288 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. So glad to have found this site after searching for health tips on google. I'm ready to get this weight off! I've been overweight for long enough. After seeing how much weight my sister lost, I woke up one morning and decided to go vegetarian. It's been three weeks...so far so good! I'm motivated, optimistic, and ready to work!
  • mryan54
    mryan54 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hey All,

Glad to be a part of the community! Best thing to do for yourself is to submerge yourself with the people that are trying to better themselves so here I am and Best of Luck!
  • Cindy393
    Options
    you got that right--let's ROCK! We CAN do this! We CAN!!!