NSV - Made a Sizeable Donation

Options
So I went through my very overloaded closet this past weekend. Because of the weight I'd gained, I had a huge amount of clothing in a variety of sizes all stuffed into my poor closet. I was so happy to be able to fit back into a lot of my favorite clothing from previous lighter years, but that's not my NSV.

My NSV is that I didn't even hesitate one bit to round up all of the clothing that is now too big for me and donate it to charity. I finally have the confidence and commitment that I am not going to be gaining weight back and that I have absolutely no need to hang onto my bigger threads "just in case." I no longer need that kind of security blanket.

Replies

• KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's amazing! I cannot wait until that stage in my weight loss, which is a long way from now. I hope to donate my more stylish clothes to someone in high school or college student who can use them to build confidence.
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! I have similar clothing that's piling up in the back (and on top of my shelves) of my closet. However, I'm hanging onto them only until I'm done. I want to be able to walk backward through the years and really *feel* how far I've come, and see the tangible results.

Then? Off to GOODWILL, baby!

Cause I won't be wearing them again!!!
  • Pakitalian
    Pakitalian Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    YAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME NSV!!! How great to donate those clothes to someone who needs them. Good for you hon!!
  • Redtango76
    Redtango76 Posts: 144
    Options
    Yay! For dedicating your self to a lifelong commitment !
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    congratts!!! this is a great step! For me giving away all my larger clothes was like an internal commitment I made with myself that I'll never "need" those again! *hoping so*
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Keeno! It must've been in the air, because I've been doing the same here! Bye stuff! Happy to be rid of ye!

11842605.png
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!