No before pictures

Options
Does anyone else regret not taking "before" pictures?

Replies

• bunnyklutz
    bunnyklutz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Only on days like today where I can't see the weight loss despite being told that it really is noticeable. I did not take actual posed before shots because I felt like I didn't want anymore pictures of me at that size.
  • katm427
    katm427 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, I feel like I should have taken "before" pictures, but then I realized that any picture of me at my high weight would serve as a "before picture". That's what one of my girlfriends used when she lost over eighty pounds.
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Not really. I took a few before pictures last summer, when I was about 12 lbs heaver. Haven't looked at them since. Never want to look like that again!
  • broncosfan91
    broncosfan91 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    No, because to me there is no "after", because that signifies an end. This is a whole new lifestyle that I am undertaking and if I choose to believe that at some point, I can stop it and go back to my unhealthy ways, I'll end up right back where I started.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Completely, but I hated the way I looked before and refused to be in any photos.
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I totally do! I didn't regret not being in pictures at the time, but I went from having pictures of me looking good to this sort of blackout period when I gained all the weight I'm losing now. The first pic I took was after I had lost 20lbs. Regretting that now for sure.
  • ThatDarnZach
    ThatDarnZach Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I started losing really abruptly (made the choice and WENT FOR IT) so taking actual posed shots of me before totally slipped my mind. Also, I TOTALLY agree with not wanting any other pictures of me at that size...
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Yes! I took no pics for a period of 5yrs, I hated seeing how big I had gotten. The one before pic in my profile is from last summer and it was after losing 20lbs.
  • Fatimah1104
    Fatimah1104 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Nope! I don't see a difference yet...
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I don't have actual before pictures. But have plenty of myself overweight. Would like to throw them all away.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I have taken before pictures. I fear that when I lose weight, I'll never see myself getting skinner. My biggest fear is going from overweight to anorexic. The pictures are to help show me the difference.
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    i only had one picture left in my camera the day i started my diet but it was the same day i fell for those never ending gain 7 inches enlargement emails so well ii used my last picture for comparson on the failled attempt .......shoulda took the picture for here but i stand by my choice iiiii stand by my choice
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    I wish I had more of them. I only have a few. I started losing weight before digital cameras were common (I think...) and I was always too lazy to get film developed. I guess I don't really need to see them, having been there, but I'd like to be able to show people where I was when I started. The ones I've uploaded here were after I'd already lost a few dozen pounds and started taking better care of myself, so they don't really give the full picture.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Yes! I took no pics for a period of 5yrs, I hated seeing how big I had gotten. The one before pic in my profile is from last summer and it was after losing 20lbs.

You look great! Had to sneek a peak at that profile pic.
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options

You look great! Had to sneek a peak at that profile pic.

Thank you! :)
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I have a few "before" pics but they weren't at my worst which I do kind of regret! But I HATE to have my pic taken b/c I always know I'm going to look terrible. For this experience that I'm now going through, I do which I had one when I was over 300 but I'm also trying to forget that person!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i wish i did last time i lost weight...
    i did this time though. fully naked and everything. yikes.
  • leambi
    leambi Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I regret it, i didnt take any before pictures as i didnt think i would have much success as i have tried to diet before and got no where.
  • Looby47
    Looby47 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This is a good reminder for me as I am currently more or less at 'before' weight. Have lost it before and back again but always had my 'before' clothes. I'll get taking a few more now. Like many others, I don't have many as avoid having photograph taken.
  • Franzibear
    Franzibear Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have before pictures.. I kind of regret not having weighed myself before I started to change my diet though, so my highest weight is only an estimation :/
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!