healing diet vs plant based diet

Options
There are so many different diets out there. Some days it is so frustrating, trying to figure out which one is best for me.

So I have been doing a healing diet (limited fruits, no grains, raw veggies, grass fed/finished beef, foods that convert to high amount of sugar...more natural products), which helps to reduce inflamation.

I was thinking about following a plant based diet...readings from Dr. Esselstyn. However, a vegetarian diet, you eat lots of grains, which turns to a sugar....

UGH....What are your thoughts....

Confused in Colorado....

Replies

• jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I would choose something you can stick to for life. You won't be at a deficit always obviously, but being healthy should still be a priority imo. If you're doing well with this style of diet, no need to change.
  • TaraKathleen5
    TaraKathleen5 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just started a pretty much raw vegetarian diet 5 weeks ago and i have never felt better. As far as grains i eat oatmeal and 1 whole wheat bread serving per day. Everything else is veggies, small fruit portions, or small nut or seed portions. I love ground flaxseed. I don't necessarily think a diet with meat is unhealthy except red meat. My choice was more for animal rights reasons.
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I would choose something you can stick to for life. You won't be at a deficit always obviously, but being healthy should still be a priority imo. If you're doing well with this style of diet, no need to change.

^^ This
    From what I've experienced, and seen on this site, different things work for different people because our bodies are different. I personally have chosen to eat in moderation; I measure my meals, count cals (generally), and I limit junk and fast food. I do not have a cheat day, if I want to eat a piece of cake, I eat it. I use the Dash Diet book as a base for great recipes, most of which my kids really like.
    But I know that some people find a strick diets useful and need the structure that comes with them.

I hope you find an answer that will help.Good Luck with your journey!