Quitting soda ...

Options
my latest blog ... http://wp.me/pto6p-Bv

Replies

• deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I will never give it up. I am a die hard.
  • erniewebbiii
    erniewebbiii Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I will never give it up. I am a die hard.

I can see getting to the point where I have one every now and again, but not every day.
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I will finish my 52 oz Diet Mt Dew in your honor sir.

http://freew67.blogspot.com/
  • erniewebbiii
    Options
    I will finish my 52 oz Diet Mt Dew in your honor sir.

http://freew67.blogspot.com/

Enjoy that aspartame
  • mzthiknez
    mzthiknez Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    gave up soda 3 yrs ago... i dont miss it...
  • checkmatekingtwo
    checkmatekingtwo Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Here's my blog about cutting out the TaB .... what a beautiful drink!

http://jodavidsmeyer.com/blog/2012/07/29/what-a-beautiful-drink/
  • carrot1965
    Options
    I started a new medicine and my doctor told me to drink a lot of water with lemon slices to avoid kidney stones. After a week of it I can't stand the taste of pop. I loved my diet coke. Now...blah!!
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Not only is it Diet Dew, its from the fountain (all time fav). I read your post, if thats what you feel you need to do more power to you. They always say those last few lbs are a $%^& to lose. Im just not at that point yet. When I get there, who knows I might be making this same post.
  • CarStan
    CarStan Posts: 2
    Options
    If you drink Mt. Dew or Diet Mt. Dew (or Gatorade) please google "Brominated vegetable oil"... if you still want to drink that is your choice but you should at least know what you are drinking.
  • erniewebbiii
    Options
    Not only is it Diet Dew, its from the fountain (all time fav). I read your post, if thats what you feel you need to do more power to you. They always say those last few lbs are a $%^& to lose. Im just not at that point yet. When I get there, who knows I might be making this same post.

Exactly. It's the one thing I haven't cut out
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Quit a year ago, don't miss it one bit.
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I was a heavy consumer of coke zero.. drank several in a day... on bad days maybe 12 pack... Didn't keep me from losing weight but I started my weight loss/ life style change setting 2 goals a month. July was drink more water---quit coke zero. Soda for me is my crack addiction. I can't drink just one. So I quit completely. I am fine. First day had raging headache then I was fine. I will say I have come to love water. I use to have horrible leg cramps at night and they are completely gone. I never would have admitted before that it would have been my beloved coke zero's but now I'm leaning that way.
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    <---- Former Dr. Pepper addict... I gave it up in March...tried one the other day...EWWWW.... ( Kinda sad, huh?) Dont miss sodas AT ALL!
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    my latest blog ... http://wp.me/pto6p-Bv

Good choice! Give it up. It's all empty calories anyway with a bunch of added crap.
  • mulcahya
    mulcahya Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have pretty much unintentionally done so!

I used to be pretty well addicted to Pepsi Max (2 - 4 per day) and then, without even thinking about it, when I joined MFP I was so set on having my minimum 8 glasses of water per day that I didn't really "waste" fluid on soda. Maybe it's also because it's colder now that I don't want it (used to love having it as something refreshing) but when I've tried to have one recently I've lost the taste for it, and just crave water.

I don't drink coffee or tea and rarely any energy drinks so it was my big source of caffeine addiction ha but managed to kick it without even realizing!
  • PattieCakes23
    Options
    I've just recently given up Coke. I was at about 3-4 cans a day. Then slowly I've gotten away from.it. I had half of a 20oz bottle today and it just didn't taste good to me.
    I gave it up not only for the fact that it is extremely unhealthy (it can dissolve raw meat, I've done it), but it has completely messed up my stomach.
    Its a different choice for each person, but its usuqlly a good idea to quit.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    <---- Former Dr. Pepper addict... I gave it up in March...tried one the other day...EWWWW.... ( Kinda sad, huh?) Dont miss sodas AT ALL!

I did that too. I was like yuck! Why the he11 have I wasted money on this for years?
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Soda also increases kidney stones and gout. Glad you kicked it and if you need a diet one every now and then, I won't tell.
  • NotForSale88
    NotForSale88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been 10 days without pop and it's been so hard. I'm hoping that it will get easier but we'll have to see! I know that it's good for me and I'm hoping that if I need the caffeine boost I can drink tea instead.
  • tetecia
    tetecia Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I know that i should really quit drinking soda as well. But, i'm not ready yet. Lately i've been incorporating loads more water and i've been trying to cut back on the amount of soda that i do drink. For example i only had half a can of Pepsi today. But, that was because i was in pain and just couldn't eat/drink. However, i use the caffine in soda as crack for me, because i get these horrendous migraines and because of my health history i can't take ANY form of migraine medication currently approved by the FDA. So, i'm getting there.....but not quite there yet. Kudos to those of you that were able to kick the habit!