Underwear with jogging shorts?

Options
Subject line pretty much says it all. Do you wear underwear with jogging shorts that have the liner built in?

Replies

• whitehairedguy64
    Options
    Nope.
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    No
  • grimsin
    grimsin Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    negative
  • kristin1493
    kristin1493 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Never. Hate, hate underwear while working out.
  • brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    No - that is what the liner is for.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Yes, I wear under armour compression shorts (in shorts with and without the liner) for the same reason I wear a seat belt in the car but I suspect my anatomical requirements are different from the OP's.
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I assumed I was the odd one out, but I sweat so much that if I don't, my shorts look like I wet myself! :grumble:
  • kehuizenga
    kehuizenga Posts: 151
    Options
    This thread suddenly makes me think I should stop wearing underwear with jogging shorts...I never really thought about going without them. I am with you farmgirl, I am worried I would be too sweaty!
  • drgndancer
    drgndancer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I wear compression shorts under my jogging shorts to prevent chaffing. They've started making jogging shorts with slightly longer compression liners, I don't wear underwear with those.
  • blair_bear
    blair_bear Posts: 165
    Options
    I take all the *kitten* support I can get.
  • AmberMahfouz
    Options
    Welp, I rarely wear underwear at all, so this would be a no.. :blushing:
  • ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I assumed I was the odd one out, but I sweat so much that if I don't, my shorts look like I wet myself! :grumble:

Exactly! I'm a crazy sweater!! I came home from Zumba the other night and it totally looked like I wet myself! I usually end up wearing compression shorts under regular shorts just to absorb the sweat.
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    No. Too much material.
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    i only wear underwear/compression shorts under jogging shorts, same is true when I lift now. You only have to catch it between the barbell and you one time to not do that again
  • sandradi87
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing! I wear underwear under all my workout shorts, except in compression shorts (only wear those when working out at home). I agree w/ the other ladies saying they wear it to absorb sweat.
  • DG_Allen
    DG_Allen Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I don't normally, but i did get some minor chaffing form the seams in the lining on my last long run. I going to monitor that and I might try my boxer briefs under.
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I don't normally, but i did get some minor chaffing form the seams in the lining on my last long run. I going to monitor that and I might try my boxer briefs under.

I don't mean to laugh at your discomfort but the fact that you said you are going to "monitor" the chafing seriously made me laugh out loud! :laugh:
  • Summersadiva
    Summersadiva Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do. When I wear my running skorts I tend not to because that's too much fabric. My girl likes to breathe. LOL:blushing:
  • Prettylittlelotus
    Prettylittlelotus Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I don't, and I don't care how it looks when I am done. If I look like I peed myself, so be it.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I consider the liner underwear. I don't care if my shorts are wet when I'm done. You're supposed to sweat.