I am such a knucklehead!!

toots99
toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
So I got my new HRM, and I've been wearing it but haven't been 100% happy with it...I'd be running and it'd sometimes go blank and show 0 as my heart rate. I'd be thinking "I'm RUNNING, for pete's sake, how can it not register?" Some days it'd work okay, some days not at all and I'd take it off in a huff.

Until today, when the light bulb went on...

The strap is supposed to go under your boobs! Not on top of your boobs, high up on your chest! :embarassed:

Now, in my defense, it never explained that in the instructions, and when I think of something called a "chest strap", I think it goes around my chest, not at the top of my rib cage! :laugh:

Knowing that has also made a big difference in comfort...I'd read where other people forgot they'd have it on and even sleep with it and I'd think "How can that be? This is driving me crazy and it's rubbing under my arms when I run!" :laugh: :laugh: Yeah, wearing it the right way is almost unnoticeable.

I can't be the only one who's done this, can I?

Go ahead and laugh at me, I still am! :laugh:

Replies

• Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    LOL....:laugh: :laugh:

I did the SAME THING!!!!!:laugh: :laugh:

It took me much longer than you to figure out why mine wasn't working right though so don't feel bad.
  • toots99
    Well the funniest part is that this is the second HRM I've had! :laugh: :laugh:

I broke my first one...probably from wearing it incorrectly! :laugh:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    HA! that was just what I needed today. Thanks toots!
  • And don't forget to put some water on it before you put it on. It won't work "dry" so put some moisture between it and you. :)
    Mary
  • toots99

I swear, I do stupid stuff like that all the time!

And again, in my defense...say for instance I'm saying The Pledge of Allegiance...I put my hand over my heart...which would go on top of my boob! I don't stick my hand under my boob, do I? (Should I? Have I been doing that all wrong too? :laugh: )
  • toots99
    And don't forget to put some water on it before you put it on. It won't work "dry" so put some moisture between it and you. :)
    Mary

I'd been doing that too. :smile:
  • BMAJK
    BMAJK Posts: 72 Member
    at least you didn't take it back to the store and have them give you a funny look when you said how you were wearing it!:laugh: trust me I've done stupider! (for example I don't think 'stupider' is even a proper word!:smile: )
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member

And again, in my defense...say for instance I'm saying The Pledge of Allegiance...I put my hand over my heart...which would go on top of my boob! I don't stick my hand under my boob, do I? (Should I? Have I been doing that all wrong too? :laugh: )

LMAO!!!!! :laugh: You are hilarious!! Boobs just get in the way -don't they??!!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    :laugh: :laugh: :happy:
    We all do stupid things every now and then.

It's good to have a chuckle every day.
    Thank you!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member

:embarassed: :embarassed: :blushing: :blushing:

Oh my gosh. :laugh:
    I don't know if I ever would've known I was wearing it wrong if I hadn't read this. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think the instructions say "wear it over your heart" or something so I just assumed...
    :laugh: No wonder I had to adjust the strap so big. :tongue:

I'm glad you figured this one out for us. :blushing:
  • mommared53
    Oh my word, you all just crack me up! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • So I got my new HRM, and I've been wearing it but haven't been 100% happy with it...I'd be running and it'd sometimes go blank and show 0 as my heart rate. I'd be thinking "I'm RUNNING, for pete's sake, how can it not register?" Some days it'd work okay, some days not at all and I'd take it off in a huff.

Until today, when the light bulb went on...

The strap is supposed to go under your boobs! Not on top of your boobs, high up on your chest! :embarassed:

Now, in my defense, it never explained that in the instructions, and when I think of something called a "chest strap", I think it goes around my chest, not at the top of my rib cage! :laugh:

Knowing that has also made a big difference in comfort...I'd read where other people forgot they'd have it on and even sleep with it and I'd think "How can that be? This is driving me crazy and it's rubbing under my arms when I run!" :laugh: :laugh: Yeah, wearing it the right way is almost unnoticeable.

ROFL! It's been awhile since I got mine but I'd swear the manual had a diagram showing how to place the chest strap....Thank goodness for that or I might have done the same thing.... :) Thanks for the laugh!
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Hilarious!
  • toots99

:embarassed: :embarassed: :blushing: :blushing:

Oh my gosh. :laugh:
    I don't know if I ever would've known I was wearing it wrong if I hadn't read this. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think the instructions say "wear it over your heart" or something so I just assumed...
    :laugh: No wonder I had to adjust the strap so big. :tongue:

I'm glad you figured this one out for us. :blushing:

If I'm able to help even one person with my silliness, then it'll have all been worthwhile. :laugh:

And I'm REALLY glad to see I'm not the only one who wore it wrong! :laugh:
  • mommared53
    Just picturing it makes me laugh. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    And don't forget to put some water on it before you put it on. It won't work "dry" so put some moisture between it and you. :)
    Mary

I put body lotion on the area before putting on the strap. Never had a connection problem doing this.

AND

• iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126

Ohhhh so maybe THATS' why there was the controversy about saying The Pledge in schools... :huh:

:laugh: :laugh:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    :laugh: :wink: :laugh: :wink: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

thanks for the laugh
  • toots99
    Mary

I put body lotion on the area before putting on the strap. Never had a connection problem doing this.

AND

:laugh: Glad I could give you all a good chuckle! I'll probably still laugh every time I put it on now.
This discussion has been closed.