Upsetting moment

Ive lost a bit of weight. Yesterday, I fit into a size I haven't seen in more than five years. I was putting on this firming cream on my tummy and thought it did seem tighter. I decided to take a look. I've avoided full length mirrors for years. What I saw was very upsetting. Fat bulges on my upper thighs, belly hanging over - ugh. To think this is an improvement from before is so, so ....

Trying not to be disappointed in myself for letting myself get this big. :-(

Replies

• CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Second upsetting moment - no one here gives a crap.
  • keep your head up.. your story will be so inspirational to others when you make it.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    I think a lot of people are already in bed since it's after midnight most places in the US. If you're fitting into a size you haven't fit into in 5 years, why are you upset? You're doing great and are clearly headed in the right direction. Just keep doing what you're doing and you'll see the transformation continue and soon you will be looking forward to checking out your progress in a mirror.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Second upsetting moment - no one here gives a crap.

Goodness - give people more than 15 minutes to reply!

And how is not fitting into something you haven't been able to wear in 5 years not an improvement?! Don't be so hard on yourself!
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    It was 16 minutes between your first post and your second saying no one cares. Maybe no one read it yet? Maybe the people who read it had nothing to say? Maybe the people who WOULD have something to say hadnt happened across it yet? I just finished dinner and now I'm sitting down to surf MFP. I read your first post and was getting ready to reply with empathy and a story of my own, and a few encouraging words, but then i read your second post, and kind of lost the desire.

So I'll just say this: dont let your depression and lack of self esteem make you lash out at the world and/or assume people dont care. Just because no one responds the second you post, doesnt mean no one cares. It had been 16 minutes, not three days. You cant change the past, all you can do is move on from here and remake your body (and mind and attitude) the best you can.
  • LishaCole
    LishaCole Posts: 245
    Don't regret what you can't change - instead be proud of what you have accomplished, and use this to push you forward.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    It was 16 minutes between your first post and your second saying no one cares. Maybe no one read it yet? Maybe the people who read it had nothing to say? Maybe the people who WOULD have something to say hadnt happened across it yet? I just finished dinner and now I'm sitting down to surf MFP. I read your first post and was getting ready to reply with empathy and a story of my own, and a few encouraging words, but then i read your second post, and kind of lost the desire.

So I'll just say this: dont let your depression and lack of self esteem make you lash out at the world and/or assume people dont care. Just because no one responds the second you post, doesnt mean no one cares. It had been 16 minutes, not three days. You cant change the past, all you can do is move on from here and remake your body (and mind and attitude) the best you can.

^ THIS.