Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

35 pounds to lose, let's get started on this adventure!

Hey guys,

I've used MFP before but never really seriously but now I know that there's 35 pounds to get off I think it's about time I took my health and fitness into account more.

My body really upsets me. I think people who have never been through being over-weight sometimes underestimate how much it affects your attitude towards yourself. I particularly get frustrated because I used to be so active and healthy. I used to do TaeKwonDo four nights a week, three hours a night, and be really conscious of healthy things going into my body. I'm not going to go straight back into that obviously but I'm seriously considering getting back to TaeKwonDo and I've got my gym induction booked for tomorrow.

I'm not doing any specific diet, just a 1,400ish calories a day diet that I want to be full of fruit and veg - all kinds of fresh ingredients. Aswell as being more aware of what's going into my body, I'm going to learn to cook which should be an interesting mission given my past experience!

Given my past experience of MFP, I know that you guys are absolutely incredible in your support and encouragement. That is definitely what I need right now so I think this could well be the place for me to take my weight loss seriously!

I'll add anyone and everyone - any age, from all walks of life. We're all in this together, after all.

Replies

• Louttie
    Louttie Posts: 138 Member
    Hello..

I'm in exactly the same boat, i would love to lose about 30 pounds. My problem is I'm so impatient and i expect the weight to come straight off when i start to diet that i give up after a couple of weeks when it doesn't. I used to be so slim before a met my boyfriend (nearly four years ago) and now i just seem to comfort eat all the time! Started my diet again last week and I'm trying to lose about 30lbs and do the 30 day shred every night. With a bit of luck it might work this time. I heard someone say the other day.. Dont count the days but make the days count.. Love that!

Feel free to add me
  • I'm much the same, I met my boyfriend fifteen months ago and I've put on three stone since which I think is a crazy amount of weight to put on in so little time.

Added :)
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 313 Member
    You won me over straight away with your name - you'll see lots of earl grey in my food diary, lol! I've lost just over three stone recently and have one more to go:) Rose x
  • jotite1
    jotite1 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi

I am in this too - now serioulsy. I need to come to terms with my eating. I know that am in denial as my portions are too big - yes i weight my food, but then some is guessed. My excercise is now on par - I have a routine when i get to the gym. But the eating is silly. I need to implement self control. Help, guidance and assistance it needed. Jayne
  • ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Hello and welcome here. You can do anyhting you put your mind too. hope you have a great day and feel free to add me if you wish. :smile: