Music for those that LOVE to walk!............

Options
I love to walk listening to music, but im getting bored of the same music I have in my ipod :frown:

Let me know your fav ones to make a new playlist!

Replies

• ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ElizaRoche
    Options
    wow.. every single post I make in the forums goes like this. Thanks everyone
  • xkdrowex
    xkdrowex Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Try my list... you could also walk briskly with them.
    http://krystalrowe.blogspot.com/2012/06/10-good-running-songs.html
  • jenf235
    jenf235 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I like to mix it up...start with some slow music and then speed it up and hit some hip hop tunes in the middle and then slow it down again at the end. I have a couple of "walking" playlists on my Ipod so I have a few to choose from. Keeps me from getting bored. There is also an app called Songza that has a bunch of playlists that you can choose from and they range from party music to exercise music...It's a really nice app. Hope that helps! :)
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Free - Graffiti Six
    Dance Again - Jlo
    Wild Ones - Flo Rida

Walk - Foo Fighters
    These Days - Foo Fighters.
  • vcorbin01
    vcorbin01 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Roxette - She's got the look
    My darkest days - Pole star dancing (LOVE THIS) Makes me wanna just dance!!
    Kip Moore - Something bout a truck
    Blake Shelton - anything really (honey bee is a good one)
    Rhyanna - ALL music
    Garth Brooks - ALL music

I love ALL kinds of music!! I'm sure I could think of a thousand songs.
  • African_Safari
    African_Safari Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I Know!!! I get really tired of mine quickly too, then I go into I Tunes, spend some money, and then next month I'm bored again!!! what to do.....
  • mainelymama
    Options
    britney spears -womanizer (LOL I know but it has a great beat!)
    outkast - hey ya
  • jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Older selections (like me.) Use these for running:

Perferred:
    Born to Run - Bruce
    Stronger K. Clarkson
    All Fired Up - P Benatar
    Turn the Beat Around - G Estafan
    Rythm is going to get you - G Estafan
    Closer to Fine - Indigo Girls

Sometimes sneaks on the list:
    Achy, breaky Heart (or Joints) B. R. Cyruss
    Breathless - Corrs
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I love to walk listening to music, but im getting bored of the same music I have in my ipod :frown:

OK. This might come off rude, but I see the question a lot and I don't understand it. I honestly don't. So, don't get mad. I'm really asking a genuine question. So, you don't have a music taste, or you don't know music that well, or what is it? As a massive consumer of music, this question seems weird. How could you ask others what they listen to and have that apply to you? I know what I like, I have a pretty broad spectrum, and I just load my MP3 player with my favorite from my huge collection. I can't think of why I'd ask others what they like. I know what I like. Don't you know what you like? Or, do you not really care, you just want sound?

Again, this sounds mean, but its truly not. I am seriously curious about why you would ask this question and how you will figure out what to listen to and what not to listen to. It kind of boggles my mind.

Now, if you ask another friend that has similar music interests, that makes sense, they might introduce a new band you hadn't heard of or something. But, to ask random strangers, I dunno, you'll just get all this random feedback that wont really apply to you and your taste.
  • makenziewhicker
    makenziewhicker Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Bass Cannon - Flux Pavillion
    Angels & Stars - Eric Turner
    Be Like Water - Sarah Fimm
    Boomerang - Dj Felli Fel
    Breathe me - Sia
    Don't Wake Me Up- Chris Brown
    Crystallize - Lindsey Stirling
    Feel the Love - Rudimental
    Frisky- Tinie tempah
    Goin in - Birdy Nam nam
    intro- the xx
    in for the kill - la roux (skrillex remix)
    let's go - calvin harris
    lost - sunlounger
    love suicide - tinie tempah
    love suicide - ester dean
    no quitter, go getter - lil wayne
    paradis - coldplay
    sail - awolnation
    stereo love - edward maya
    work hard play hard - wiz khalifa

just to name a few, if you want more let me know
  • ElizaRoche
    Options

OK. This might come off rude, but I see the question a lot and I don't understand it. I honestly don't. So, don't get mad. I'm really asking a genuine question. So, you don't have a music taste, or you don't know music that well, or what is it? As a massive consumer of music, this question seems weird. How could you ask others what they listen to and have that apply to you? I know what I like, I have a pretty broad spectrum, and I just load my MP3 player with my favorite from my huge collection. I can't think of why I'd ask others what they like. I know what I like. Don't you know what you like? Or, do you not really care, you just want sound?

Again, this sounds mean, but its truly not. I am seriously curious about why you would ask this question and how you will figure out what to listen to and what not to listen to. It kind of boggles my mind.

Now, if you ask another friend that has similar music interests, that makes sense, they might introduce a new band you hadn't heard of or something. But, to ask random strangers, I dunno, you'll just get all this random feedback that wont really apply to you and your taste.

wtf .. .. as easy as I ask what ppl listen to, I go , check it out, and if i like it ill download it, period. I do have music taste, but after listening to the same songs over and over and OVER again you get bored, glad to know you dont!, I DO.
    If you find this question weird, dont asnwer it then. Skip to the next post.
  • mmeddleton
    mmeddleton Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I use Podrunner tunes. They have a big selection of free music set to specific beats per minute that really helps you maintain a set pace. You can find them on the Apple app store. When I review my walk/run history on my Walkmeter app, I see my pace was all over the place before I started using listening to Podrunner tunes. Now my pace is much more consistent, my overall pace and calorie burn have improved significantly. It;s not my favorite music type (electronic, club, house mix), but it sure gets you moving and gets your heart rate up. I use 135 - 138 BPM for power walking and 145 and up for jogging/ running and other cardio.
  • makenziewhicker
    makenziewhicker Posts: 29 Member
    Options

wtf .. .. as easy as I ask what ppl listen to, I go , check it out, and if i like it ill download it, period. I do have music taste, but after listening to the same songs over and over and OVER again you get bored, glad to know you dont!, I DO.

I personally find it great when hearing other peoples taste in music. I think it's a wonderful opportunity to hear artists that apply to your taste that you haven't even heard of before. I think you spent way too much time analyzing her question to be honest.
  • ElizaRoche
    Options
    I use Podrunner tunes. They have a big selection of free music set to specific beats per minute that really helps you maintain a set pace. You can find them on the Apple app store. When I review my walk/run history on my Walkmeter app, I see my pace was all over the place before I started using listening to Podrunner tunes. Now my pace is much more consistent, my overall pace and calorie burn have improved significantly. It;s not my favorite music type (electronic, club, house mix), but it sure gets you moving and gets your heart rate up. I use 135 - 138 BPM for power walking and 145 and up for jogging/ running and other cardio.

exactly!!, thats what i want, music that has a fast beat, thanks for the tip!
  • neverstray
    Options

I said multiple times, not to get mad. I am curious. That's all. Great. Have at it. I just don't have time to listen to 30 or 40 or 100 other peoples lists of their favorites. That's partially why I'm asking.
  • DMUND
    DMUND Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I listen to "FIT RADIO" app on my droid. You can choose your own variety. And you don't always here your same songs over and over. I switch this up with my ipod. (And I always put that on shuffle so I never know what song will be next!)
  • neverstray
    Options

I personally find it great when hearing other peoples taste in music. I think it's a wonderful opportunity to hear artists that apply to your taste that you haven't even heard of before. I think you spent way too much time analyzing her question to be honest.

Nobody seems to read posts.

I said that I SEE THIS QUESTIONS A LOT! It's posted liek every week, and so I've finally decided to ask. You know, just because someone asks a question doesn't mean they are confronting anyone or calling anyone lame or anything. I', asking why you would ask strangers this quesiton. It doesn't make sense. And, like I said, I dont' really have all the time it would take to evaluate 100 or 200 new songs and artists. Geez, that would take so long for me.

What gets me angry, is my question is honest and genuine. i knew this would be met the way it was, and that's why I was trying to head that off.

I'm sorry I asked a question. I wont ask again.

Later.
  • bbeatty65
    Options
    I love old school music like Lisa Lisa and the Cult Jam. Not sure what kind of music you like, but that is good walking music:happy
  • mmeddleton
    mmeddleton Posts: 100 Member
    Options

exactly!!, thats what i want, music that has a fast beat, thanks for the tip!
    You're welcome! I hope you like them.