HRM

Options
I am reposting this as i would like more feedback---help puhlease!

Hi! Okay i am so ready to buy a HRM, but i have no idea where to start! I know you get what you pay for, however, i would rather not spend more than $50. I am just always so confused as to who to believe the machines or MFP? Any suggestions for which HRM to purchase would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Replies

• dolly3186
    dolly3186 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Sorry I can't help, but I would also be interested in hearing what others have to say about this.

I'm so clueless...i never even really HEARD of a HRM until I joined MFP. Does it strap around your arm, chest...it tells you exactly how many calories you're burning? Someone fill me in too please?! :)

I've just been estimating my calorie burn...I'd love to know what I'm actually burning.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    For a good one you may need to spend a bit more than $50.

Not sure where you live... if you are in the US you can buy Polar HRM on Amazon.

I live in Canada and have a Polar FT7 which I love! Comes with the chest strap as well. I paid $90 with tax (got the watch for 50% off at a local sports/fitness store that was closing down $160 HRM).

Ensure you get one that is quality and has a chest strap. The ones that are the watch only and have the "on demand" heart rate function aren't fully accurate unless every 30 seconds you are touching the button to get it to take your heart rate. One with a chest strap constantly takes a reading and updates it accordingly. Also, you need to find one that lets you input your height, age, sex, and weight to get the most accurate calorie burn.

I couldn't imagine not having my FT7 now. I love how the calorie burns are much more accurate than this website.