9 DEADHANG PULLUPS

Options
FINALLY. I HAVE always been stuck at 8. I then usually injure myself and drop back. My eyes on the prize has ALWAYS been on doing 10.

Well, this morning I decide to go bang out my 5 pullups(got up to 8 just the other day but I figured that was a FLUKE) because I usually can't get past that number.

DID 8 EASY today. 9th was a struggle, I admit. But did 9! Yes!

I'm coming for you 10! I am coming for ya!

But this time i am not getting injured in the process. NICE and slow....

Replies

• camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    Congrats! That's a couple more than I've ever done in one set, haha.
  • tngfordisney
    Options
    Great Job. i can't even do one, but I will get there.
  • srpthlgy
    srpthlgy Posts: 69
    Options
    That's awesome!!! I'm still working on getting to 1! Any tips?
  • Akious
    Akious Posts: 71
    Options
    congrats! I just wish I could do 1.
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options

Instead of doing pull ups, you can jump up so your chin is over the bar and just hold that or let yourself down slowly.

Alternatively, if you can get to a gym, there are a couple of machines that helped me a lot:

4f9c1d5792254e0a30e7524260db.jpg

or

Lat-Pull-Down.JPG
  • srpthlgy
    srpthlgy Posts: 69
    Options

Instead of doing pull ups, you can jump up so your chin is over the bar and just hold that or let yourself down slowly.

Alternatively, if you can get to a gym, there are a couple of machines that helped me a lot:

4f9c1d5792254e0a30e7524260db.jpg

or

Lat-Pull-Down.JPG

Thank you! I'll give that a try!
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options

How I started with pullups is I put a bar right above my bathroom door. I would attempt to do a pullup everytime I entered and everytime I exited.

I pretty much just did negatives...and then one day I got up and attempted to do a pullup after not being able to do one.I did 3!

Took me 6 weeks.

(and doing pullups has been my goal since forever , inspired by an embarrassing high school episode!). Even though I used to be in the army, pullups are NOT part of the PT test so we didn't do them. My dream of doing pullups started in high school gym class when I could barely hang on the bar(they called them girl pullups but it was just a flexed arm hang) and my gym teacher called me weak. HA HA! SEE what I can do now Mr. Robb? Not only can I do a flex arm hang...I can do real deadhang pullups!
  • girish_ph
    girish_ph Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Akious,

You said - "Instead of doing pull ups, you can jump up so your chin is over the bar and just hold that or let yourself down slowly"

That was goood. Very gooood. I'll try it. Even I cant do a SINGLE Pullup
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!