Bingers, help

Options
What do you do when the urge to binge comes over you? I was doing so good and then yesterday I binged. I felt so bad. I stayed within my calories but my food was awful. I wish I could remember how I felt yesterday. I'm struggling with this. Any words of advice? I get so angry at myself for giving in.

Replies

• thisisjl
    thisisjl Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    for me I don't let it rule me ok I had a bad day ate lots of junk just move on the next day. If you are talking about during the binge phase I think that's up to each person. try hang a picture of yourself on the refrigerator or the "junk" cupboard" at your heaviest, or a reward when you get to goal to remind yourself why you are doing this. Good luck!
  • linochka1969
    linochka1969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Living in a healthy lifestyle to me means you work hard, you allow yourself to play a little bit, otherwise your healthy life style will turn into a diet that will make you feel miserable. I went to NY last week, and all I wanted to eat is pizza and gelato ( love NY pizza), I returned basically the same weight I left because I had walked so much there. Do I regret eating junk ? Heck no, it is not how I eat on a daily basis, I was on vacation so I splurged.
    Plus you were still staying within your calorie goal.
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    For me, binges come in two varieties. The emotional pressure release valve or the over hungry binge. I am learning to try to figure out which one is brewing, then head it off. If it's emotional, I try to figure out what's bothering me and then do something about it or just substitute some other relaxing activity. For the hunger binge, I've had to learn to eat before I get to that point. Also, I had to up my daily calories. The goal mfp gave me was too low.