Rowing machine???

Options
I'm looking into buying a rowing machine-anybody have any good advice as to what to look for? What to avoid? Is there a brand that is better? What type of resistance? (I am thinking I like the models where the arms are out to the side rather than straight in front of you when you row...)

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    The gold standard in rowing machines is the Concept2 - they're the ones used by about half the national rowing teams in the world, university teams etc etc. Built like tanks and under $1,000 (made in the USA too..)
  • caffine72
    caffine72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I bought a really cheap hydraulic rower with the arms out to the side for 180€ from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B004QZBT0A/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

Don't know why they have hiked the price up to 350€, perhaps because it was a good seller?

I bought this at the beginning of June 2012 and set myself a schedule of 45 minutes a day 5 days a week (15 mins in the morning and 30 mins in the late afternoon); combined with a decent diet using MFP to record my intakes I have lost almost 20lbs since early June.

My rowing machine is kinda ghetto but the important thing I suppose is using proper form to get a good workout, sticking to your schedule, and complementing it all with a good diet - the weight just drops off.
  • Iceman1800
    Iceman1800 Posts: 476
    Options
    Concept2 rower.