New here

Options
Hi, I am relatively new here (about a week) and this is my first time on the boards here. I really like the tools that we have at our disposal. The exercise journal motivates me to work out more often and the food journal is helping me to be more careful about what I eat. I am hoping to find some people to relate with and to offer support and receive support when needed.

My goal is to lose about 92 pounds from where I am right now (267). I also want to be physically fit. I have heart disease, diabetes, and COPD for fun and challenges. I like to bicycle, hunt, fish, golf, garden, travel, watch movies, and eat.

I have a great family, my wife is absolutely wonderful (and patient...) and my children are beautiful...although they would not like being referred to as children anymore, they are adults now.

My wife and I are newly empty nesters and we live on our small farm in the midwest. We have chickens, Peacocks and Peahens, dogs and a rotten cat.

I like to refer to myself as a "semi-retired Country Gentleman"

Replies

• spooky
    spooky Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    We are empty nesters also. 3 grown ones and 4 grand ones. my husband is new to the site- I've been on for awhile. he has lost about 75 pounds give or take and has been off of blood pressure meds now for over 2 years. He still needs to loose about 30 more. stay with the journal. not only log in food but put down one good thing you did for yourself each day and go back and review. :smile: :smile:
  • johnmcfarm
    Options
    Hi spooky, Nice to meet you. I am ready to be a grandpa, but my kids are not yet... :smile:

Congratulations to you and your husband, I would like to get off of some of my medications as well. I like hearing about others who are successful, gives one hope.

Thanks also for the advice on recording one good thing I do for myself each day, I will do that!

Hope to see you around this site.