First time posting

Hola! This is my first community post, I guess to introduce myself. I was born without a thyroid gland and have been in medicaton since birth. I started getting chubby when my parents divorced and we moved away to my grams house, full of food and NOTHING to do. Then i slimmed down some by the time I got married in 01, I was right at 215 LBS, not skinny, but I felt sexy and pretty and i didnt care that i was a little too curvy. Then came pregnancy and thats when the problems came. My thyroid levels went bersek and my medicaion seemd to need to be doubled evey month and by the time I had the baby in 02, I was 290, my nightly chocolate ice cream didnt help at all either. Ive pretty much stayed there. I got to 315 in 07, but then I got pregnant again and decided to loose some weight but the weight loss didnt show up til i had the baby and i was at 275, that was 4 years ago and now I seem to stay at 290 and I AM SOO tired of it!! My hubby wants me to loose weight, but he never exercises, he gets upset when I do, he says i do everything i can to avoid spending time with him, and he insists on keeping tons of junk food in the house only to tell me "you should have will power" So, im not sure what to do. But I saw this and i LOVE the calore counter and the exercise tracker!! I counted calories before and tracked them on paper, but when you work and you have kids, it became easy for me to "forget" plus the extra steps of figuring out all the calories was time consuming. So, love the site!! I got a gym membership at SNAP and told myself Id go in the mornings, havent done it. But I do log in everything I eat, so I guess thats a start.

Replies

• RunningGirl4God
    RunningGirl4God Posts: 5 Member
    Hi! I am a 34 almost 35 year old female,married with no children. I had several neurological health issues growing up (First 17 years of my life). I didn't put on weight until my early thirties. I am very thankful I didnt have weight issues growing up. I put on the weight with sever depression without even realizing it. I have lost most of it (Aprox. 40 pounds) but I would like to lose 10 more. For exercise I walk, step aroebics and run. I have always been a runner but I want to be more consistant. In the Fall, I would love to do a 5k or a 10k. In addition, I want to better take care of my temple and serve the Lord to the best of my abilities. This is my first post also, so you can add me as a friend if you like. I like your name by the way!