Good Shoes for Overpronators?

Options
This is my first message board post! I have started my journey (again!) and am going strong. A big difference this time around has been me implementing regular exercise. I knew my tennis shoes were in need of a replacement, but a fitness guru at the track the other day told me that she can see I'm a major overpronator (which I knew) and that to continue running on my old well worn shoes is seriously risking an ankle or knee injury. One of my ankles had been troubling me lately...apparently the shoes were the cause!

I'm looking for feedback on the best cross-trainer type tennis shoes for overpronators. Anyone have experience with this and recommendations you can share?

Info that might be helpful as you make recommendations...

I'm currently about 120 pounds overweight.
My main exercise is brisk walking and dance aerobics (like Zumba) right now
My price range is $100 or less!

THANKS!!

Holly in PR

Replies

• stephcthomas
    stephcthomas Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have Adidas Adistar salvations, now the newer models are more money, but I recently purchased a salvation 2 from an Adidas outlet for $60 and they are great. I run in them and overpronate a lot and they seemed to have helped me.

http://www.adidas.com/us/product/womens-running-adistar-salvation-3-shoes/TD657
  • Brengild
    Brengild Posts: 127
    Options
    Saucony has some good models for overpronation. I like them also because they have a wider toe box. Hated losing toenails!
  • lilangel317
    lilangel317 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I also tend to pronate when I walk/run. I went to the New Balance store and they looked at my feet, how I walked and then told me what shoe would be best for me. I got the New Balance 860 and I could tell a difference immediately. Go by one of those stores and get your foot analysis. It's free and then go from there. Oh by the way by shoes were $119 w/tax and everything.