Over 50 with 30lbs to lose need encouragement

Options
Looking for other women that are over 50 with 30+ pounds to lose. Need encouragement and accountability. 2nd time around with MFP hoping adding friends will help with process. April Fool Girl

Replies

• ppayne811
    Options
    April Fool Girl,

I just posted. I am 57 with 30 to lose. We're in the same boat, same time of life.

I'll be your mfp!

Peggy
  • AprilFoolGirl
    AprilFoolGirl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Peggy- Thank you! AFG
  • godschild102065
    godschild102065 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm new here. 46 with 30 to 40lbs to lose. On week 3 of insanity. Whew! Looking for soneone to stay motivated with.
  • DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. I am 52 and need to loose 40lbs.
  • Gail194950
    Options
    I'm from NC and 63 years of age.......I would love having you or join you as support. I need to lose at least 25 lbs or more.
    Thanks
    Gail
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    56 and 30 pounds to lose....
  • Gail194950
    Options
    Im new today and dont know how to send a friend request........If you are interested in joining me on our journey plesdse send me a request.
    Thanks
    Gail
  • godschild102065
    godschild102065 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Not sure how to send or accept friend.
  • dbkjw1964
    Options
    Hi, Im 48 with 20 lbs to lose and could use all the support I can get. Would love to be a support for you.
  • hillbillyannie
    hillbillyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm over 65 (just barely) and I've lost 100 pounds since May 2011. If there's anything I can do let me know. The only advise I can give you is stick with it, measure your food and don't listen to those around you who are pessimistic and tell you you don't need to lose any, they love you just like you are and you won't be able to do it anyway. If you should slip up, get up the next day and start over. Just don't compound the problem by eating more and thinking it doesn't matter. I gained 10 pounds over the last 6 weeks from traveling, eating out and straying off the path. In the last week or so I have lost 7 of those pounds. You can do anything if you don't give up. Do like I did and show them you can.
  • fitatfiftyfive
    Options
    I like your attitude! All good advice! :flowerforyou:
  • BiggyFuzz
    BiggyFuzz Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!

Time to get healthier and remember, this is a life style change...we can do it together

:)
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I am 52 and working on maintaining 45 pounds lost. Add me if you like
  • bjdavid53
    bjdavid53 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm over 50 and originally had 25-30 lbs. to lose. I have lost 13 lbs. so far. Add me if you want.
  • smbakk
    smbakk Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi, I'm 55 and want to lose 30 lbs.
  • NeverGoinBack2012
    Options
    I'm 52 and have lost 12 and looking to lose about 40 more.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    If it absolutely positively doesn't have to be a female, invite me.
  • jjusticenow
    Options
    Hi my name is Jill, I am 46 also. I have about 40 to 50 pounds to loose. I also have spent a good portion of my adult life trying to loose weight. I hoping we could be friends and support each other on the journey.
  • mckayser
    mckayser Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just joined MFP, am over 55 and need to lose 40 pounds. Nice to know there are others...

My difficulty is in tracking food in - usually exercise 3-4 times per week. I routinely walk on the treadmill, swim, water aerobics and kayaking.

Let's keep each other motivated!

Glad I found this group.
  • DORISGUDINO
    DORISGUDINO Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    53 with 40 more lbs to lose...........