No wonder i was fat before!

Options
hehe yesterday i just enjoyed a nice dinner at my parents house and when i go at my parents, there is always a lot of food available. Back when i was still living there a couple of years ago, i was sedentary and was not really checking what i was eating (sugar was my main food!)

I just realized why i wasnt losing weight before and why i was actually GAINING weight by checking the amount of calories i ingested during my dinner yesterday. I ate 3 chicken tournedos, around a big cup of steamed cauliflower, 3 sweet potatoes cooked with skin, took 2 pieces of chocolate cake, 1 big bowl of black cherry ice cream, a glass of milk and a glass of chocolate milk for a total of 2015 calories!!!! That's usually what i eat in only 1 day total!

haha all my meals were like that before so i was probably eating over 3500-4000 calories a day back then with all the sugar i was eating during the evenings. Good thing i am now being careful and i am exercising to lose up that extra fat. Thanks MFP for making it easy for us to calculate our calories so we can control what we eat and be careful about it.

I think that yesterday will be my only cheat day of the week haha i will have to work hard to make sure this cheating day doesnt affect me too much :P

Replies

• ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's almost as many calories as dinner at cheesecake factory!
  • xdieselx
    xdieselx Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    hahah yeah i know. I check often the worst restaurant meals top10 on menshealth.com and we can see that some restaurants have very high calorie meals its crazy. We really have to be careful about what we eat in restaurants! I know i do :P

Yesterday was a one off as if i would eat like that everyday, i wouldnt definitely not be losing weight hehe
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I don't know what chicken tornadoes are, but they sound delicious. Mmmm... now I want sweet potatoes! (geez. I must be hungry)
  • skinuppinup
    skinuppinup Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    sugar is my issue, too! that is so awesome that you lost so much weight and stuck with it.
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    It's amazing what a difference portion control can make. That's probably how much I was eating before I was tracking and when I first started tracking, I thought I was going to starve to death. ;)

Best of luck on your journey!
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    They have black cherry ice cream?!

My god, I need this now.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    It is crazy to realize these things! I thought back to last summer and I would stop ever single morning for a large coffee loaded with cream and sugar, and a bacon/sausge egg and cheese buscuit or the like. Then eat out overy single day at restaurants for lunch, varieties of pizza, mexican food, you name it. I didnt care. Soda on top of that. Then dinner of again whatever the hell I wanted. huge portions. I do not even WANT to know what my intake was like.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Wowser... ... so awesome when we recognize where we were and where we don't want to go back to - at least not on a constant basis - food sounded delicious though so once in a while hecks to the yeah :)
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    how did you manage to fit all that food into your stomach?! I mean, don't get me wrong, I used to be able to do it too, but now, I can't even finish a complete sweet potato.

I hope it was delicious and you enjoyed your time with your family.
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I have the same type of family. Food is the center of EVERYTHING!

Although, we have a family thing we call a Cheese Chilito (basically a quesadilla). It is almost impossible NOT to eat one when we are at home...so yummy!
  • xdieselx
    Options
    I don't know what chicken tornadoes are, but they sound delicious. Mmmm... now I want sweet potatoes! (geez. I must be hungry)

Chicken tournedos are indeed delicious :P It's like a hockey puck of chicken surrounded by bacon cooked in butter in a pan :P~~~

like this:

368.jpg
  • pitbulllover
    pitbulllover Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    There were times that my husband and I would order pizza, and we'd each get a large (save some for leftovers but it usually only made 2 meals). No vegetables, no salad, but an entire half a pizza I'd eat in 1 sitting. Wish I could go back and slap myself so that I'm not in this situation now lol.
  • lbigham1
    lbigham1 Posts: 132
    Options
    Nothin' like Mamma's cooking to put some "meat on your bones". Lol! - At least now you know that you can't do that regularly and still be healthy. :-)
  • xdieselx
    Options
    how did you manage to fit all that food into your stomach?! I mean, don't get me wrong, I used to be able to do it too, but now, I can't even finish a complete sweet potato.

I hope it was delicious and you enjoyed your time with your family.

haha it looks like my stomach still remembers how much of a pig i was before and i didnt even feel full after all of this. I wanted to eat more chocolate cake but i had to set a limit as i just started a new workout monday so i'm supposed to be careful about my calories :P
    There were times that my husband and I would order pizza, and we'd each get a large (save some for leftovers but it usually only made 2 meals). No vegetables, no salad, but an entire half a pizza I'd eat in 1 sitting. Wish I could go back and slap myself so that I'm not in this situation now lol.

haha i totally hear you on this. There a lot of things we would like to change in our lives but hey, back then i am sure you were happy to eat all those pizzas :P~~ (so tasty). But the good thing is now we are working out and controlling our calories to make up for those good times! :)
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    We all have to start somewhere. Good job logging and opening your eyes!

Did you share that with your family? Maybe they could learn to eat a little healthier too :-)
  • xdieselx
    Options
    We all have to start somewhere. Good job logging and opening your eyes!

Did you share that with your family? Maybe they could learn to eat a little healthier too :-)

Oh no need to share it with my family, they already know about my new lifestyle and my eating habits changes. They eat healthy already (father is diabetic so he doesnt have a choice) but you know how it is, moms always do more food for their kids and make sure we have enough when we go visit them :P If i dont eat the extra it will go to waste so someone has to sacrifice themselves :P
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I did a calculation recently of the amount of calories I use to eat late at night after work from Burger King, and it was in the 5k range. I just laughed at myself cause that would be 3-4 days now worth of food.

As they say, you live and you learn.