57 - Need Friends - 30 menopause pounds to lose!

Options
Hello, my name is Peggy. I am post-menopausal, 5'2" and weigh 162 lbs., the heaviest I have ever been in my life.

I have had a constant battle with weight gain since childhood. However, with a healthy diet and steady exercise (weight reistance and spinning classes), I weighed a lean 130 lbs.

The year of my 45th birthday my mother moved in with me (I am single), because she was showing early signs of dementia. My world was suddenly turned upside down. My stress level went through the roof.

My period stopped in June 2005, two months shy of my 50th birthday. In September of that year my mother broke her right hip, necessitating 24-hour help at home. I was being invaded and there wasn't a thing I could do to stop it, for I steadfastly refused to put my darling mother in a nursing facility.

My stress and anxiety level skyrocketed, and my metabolism plummeted. No matter what I did the weight just piled on.

In March 2010 my mother passed on. I have spent the past two years decompressing and allowing myself to rest completely. FinallyI feel I have the energy to move on, and deal with the weight issue.

Your help and support is greatly appreciated.

Light and love,

Peggy

Replies

• jmedfoster
    jmedfoster Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 28 years old and had a hysterectomy 1.5 yrs ago, for medical reasons, and I gained 30 lbs in that first month afterwards!!! I am still trying to maintain my weight due to premenopausal symptoms and medications I take. So I am there with you.:sad: