swimmers out there

Options
I have been swimming a mile for a couple months as my main exercise. I've lost about half the weight to my goal. Recently I've been able to cut down the time a few minutes and now I've been gettin headaches in the afternoon. I am well hydrated and usually eat something shortly after the swim. I only have one cup of tea a day so it shouldn't be caffeine deprivation. Any suggestions?

Replies

• jogdog
    jogdog Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    A large portion of that might have to do with your breathing and exertion level. Also, do you swim with a swim cap? What about your goggles? Are they too tight or constricting, do your goggles fit correctly (sometimes the pressure from my goggles around my eye socket can cause me problems every now and then), etc? There are a lot of things. How long after a swim do the headaches start happening? Do they happen during a swim? Chemicals in the pool? Sorry I have really only offered up a lot of questions to your question, but these are some things to consider.

You can always call a doctor just to make sure everything is fine.

Edit: my sister was really big into swimming year round and they used to do a lot of under water work and because she held her breath too long on one of the drills one day trying to beat some of the guys, she gave herself a concussion... and that was the cause of her headaches.