Old fat guy.

Options
124»

Replies

• newata
    newata Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You can totally do it! And be positive! =)
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    It can be done. I'm a work in progress. 43, lost 47 pounds, 40 more to go.
  • jakewilliams3
    Options
    I know it's a different scenario, but I just turned 19.
    I've been overweight since I was about 8, and during my first year at college, I decided that I wanted to lose weight and get myself to a reasonable size both in my weight and in my appearance.

I went to college at 280 pounds.
    I came home in May at 230.

That's about 9 months total, and I was only really working at it for about 4.

I know there's an age different, but what I'm trying to say is that it can happen. And if you want it to, it will happen.
    It's will-power. There are times where you're going to be hungry, there are times where you're not going to want to jump up on that elliptical. There are going to be times where you'd rather just grab a sandwich and turn on the game, but you've gotta learn how to fight yourself.

Because if you fight yourself, you're going to win. There is absolutely no reason that you, or I, should not weigh 180 pounds.

That's my goal, anyway.

Good luck my friend, you've got this.
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Why don't you think you can get a body you will be proud of?!
  • vivie72
    vivie72 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    40 isn't old...I just turned 40 in July. Positive thoughts...negativity will get you every time...trust me! Been there done that! One day at a time. Friend me if you want support.
  • vivie72
    vivie72 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    40 isn't old...I just turned 40 in July. Positive thoughts...negativity will get you every time...trust me! Been there done that! One day at a time. Friend me if you want support.
  • fullofhope01
    Options
    I appreciate your candidness and allowing yourself to be exposed through your words. Half the battle is beating the "bad guy" on your shoulder. Like you, I find it incredibly important to deal with the stuff that needs to be dealt with in order to get to a better place.

My motto is "BRING IT!" Any time I am doubting that I can make it through a work out or I am feeling lack of the "Go Get Em" Attitude, I literally say out loud "BRING IT!"

You can do this! You are worth it!

Melissa
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Well, you're not old and you can always change your lifestyle to make the body you want and can be proud of, especially if you stay at mfp and do what needs to be done to stay at it all.

I turn 42 on Saturday and have lost 13 pounds since about 3 months ago now. It is slow but it's working. (I know my ticker says I lost 8 but I put a wrong number in one time and I can't change it.)
    Friend me if you want to. I am here basically each day to log everything and support my mfp friends.

Enjoy!!
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone, again.

40 is old for me - especially because i'm still 39! :-) It'll be fine, I know.

I don't believe I'll ever be proud of my body because I don't know what that is. If I could draw from experience I'd do that.

Here's something sobering for me - reading through some of the posts in the whole forum I'm seeing where I am is where others want to be. That humbles me - a lot.