PB2 (peanut butter) Cheesecake - 175 calories per 1/8 of pie

Options
jms3533
jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
Sorry for the duplicate entry, but MFP won't let me edit the topic heading, which is the most important part of the message. (at least when it comes to cheesecake!)

http://www.bellplantation.com/recipes/cat/dessert/post/pb2-cheesecake/

This recipe looks really good. I haven't tried it yet. From the Bell Plantation website:

PB2 Cheesecake

This is a New York style, rich and creamy cheesecake that my whole family loves! It's very low sugar and very low fat, but tastes neither!!

Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 100 minutes
Difficulty: Low
Calories: 140
Ingredients
1/2 cup: Sugar-free vanilla wafer crumbs
1 8 oz pkg: Light cream cheese
1 8 oz pkg: Fat-free cream cheese
1/2 cup: Fat-free sour cream
1/2 cup: Light ricotta cheese
3/4 cup: PB2
1/4 cup: Skim milk
1/4 cup: Splenda brown sugar
1/2 cup: Splenda granular
2 tsp: Vanilla extract
3/4 cup:Egg Beaters

Methods/Steps
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Add a pan of hot water to the oven to add steam to the oven as the cheesecake bakes. Spray a 9\ springform pan or a deep casserole dish with cooking spray. Pour the cookie crumbs into the pan and shake around to coat the sides and bottom of pan.

In a food processor add the cream cheeses sour cream and the ricotta cheese. Process until smooth. Add in the PB2 and milk and process until it's incorporated into the batter well scraping down the sides as needed.

Mix in the Splenda brown sugar and granular and the vanilla until blended. Slowly pour the Egg Beaters in through the tube as the processor is running and process until well blended and smooth. Pour into pan. Bake for 50 minutes.

Turn off the oven and leave the cake in the oven for an additional 30 minutes. It will be soft in the center but will set up as it cools. Allow cake to come to room temperature. Chill in the fridge for 8 hours or overnight to completely chill.

8 servings = 175 Cals and 11 g protein
10 servings =140 Cals and 8.6 g protein
12 servings = 116 Cals and 7 g protein

Coming up with new recipes that are low glycemic as well as low sugar, fat and calories, is what I do everyday. Thanks for a terriffic product to work with!

Disclaimer:
Bell Plantation, Inc. makes the Recipe section of our website available as a courtesy to our customers. We do not test, edit, endorse, or claim ownership of any submitted recipes. Therefore, we cannot accept any liability associated with the recipes.

Replies