Options
ilovemybuggy
ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
]

Replies

• RobynC79
    RobynC79 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    People do extremely strange things in life and death situations. The urge toward self preservation is incredibly difficult to circumvent - it's what evolution has been selecting on for millions of years. I would be not so hasty to judge someone's actions that occurred in a situation of unimaginable panic and horror. If his girlfriend accepted his proposal, good for her, and frankly it's not up to you to pass judgement on it.

I'm sure it was extremely traumatic for ALL involved, so leave the poor guy alone.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    People do extremely strange things in life and death situations. The urge toward self preservation is incredibly difficult to circumvent - it's what evolution has been selecting on for millions of years. I would be not so hasty to judge someone's actions that occurred in a situation of unimaginable panic and horror. If his girlfriend accepted his proposal, good for her, and frankly it's not up to you to pass judgement on it.

I'm sure it was extremely traumatic for ALL involved, so leave the poor guy alone.

^^^This.
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    I've not heard about this but it makes me sick to me stomach.
    I know the first instinct is to save yourself, but then you remember you have children and you do anything to save them!
  • KaiHuk
    KaiHuk Posts: 49
    Options

This , let it go.
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    Maybe that's a more maternal setting than paternal though, then?
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I cannot judge. WTF knows what I would have done. Nobody knows this.
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    ]
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    This wasn't meant to be an argument- I have deleted my OP. I am entitled to my opinion- and you all, yours. Sorry to make anyone mad if I have.
  • TylerJ76
    Options
    This wasn't meant to be an argument- I have deleted my OP. I am entitled to my opinion- and you all, yours. Sorry to make anyone mad if I have.

You wanted everyone to bash on him, and when they didn't you backed out.
    Stand UP for what you believe in...

WOW
  • sizzle92
    Options

WOW

THIS!!!

OP, I hope you never find you and yours in a situation like they were.
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options

WOW

No, because I have it posted on my page as well- and there are MANY people who share the same opinion as me. I do stand up for WHAT I BELIEVE. I stand behind my post 100% but this doesn't need to turn into an ugly argument so I deleted it. I still think that was he did is shameful.
  • sizzle92
    Options
    Have you heard him tell his story?
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    Have you heard him tell his story?

Yes, I have. You tube it.
  • TylerJ76
    Options

WOW

No, because I have it posted on my page as well- and there are MANY people who share the same opinion as me. I do stand up for WHAT I BELIEVE. I stand behind my post 100% but this doesn't need to turn into an ugly argument so I deleted it. I still think that was he did is shameful.

I'm sure there are many who agree with you, that is fine.

Just find it ironic that because this thread didn't go the way you wanted it to (everyone bashing on him) you delete it.
    :laugh:
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options

WOW

Just find it ironic that because this thread didn't go the way you wanted it to (everyone bashing on him) you delete it.

Again, you can think what you want. Doesn't really mean anything to me.
  • mirandamayhem
    Options

WOW

She deleted it because she didn't want to cause an argument around. You, apparently, don't want to let it go, even though she has tried!
  • sizzle92
    Options
    I have as well.
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    ]

WEEEAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKK. :mad:
  • Belligerent_Wombat
    Belligerent_Wombat Posts: 63 Member
    Options

Then why the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks did you post the damn thing? Sheesh!
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Obviously what we think matters to you or your would not have posted it in a PUBLIC forum..then once again it mattered or you would not have deleted it from same said PUBLIC forum.

Some folks don't even know their true intentions in the simple things they do, how do you think making a decision while being shot at would do to you?