Feeling a bit discouraged today.

Options
So, I promised myself that I would only weigh myself once a week and today was my weigh in day. I feel like I have been working hard to try to lose weight, but the scale is just not budging. Am i being too anxious? I have been on MFP for almost a month, and I just feel like I am not losing any weight.

How long did it take everyone else to lose weight?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You need to give more details before anyone can help.... Start weight, age, height, goals, cals & exercise etc etc
  • BiggestLittlePurdy
    BiggestLittlePurdy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    last year I lost a lot of weight (gained it back but that is a different story) and I remember reaching a point where the scale wasn't moving but i noticed my body was changing. Don't fret, just change up something. Maybe your workout needs a change or you need to mix up your diet to keep your body on it's toes. and remember not eating enough can be just as bad as eating too much when it comes to losing weight. good luck!!!
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Are you losing any inches or anything else? Clothes fitting looser or just feeling better? If that's the case don't worry so much on the scales, worry on your body itself. You could just be gaining muscle which will add a lb or so to the scale before you trim down the fat. You can do it, don't give up! Just keep on going girl. :)
  • babesintow
    Options
    It really isn't a bad idea to weigh yourself daily and track it. Everyone is building up to their weekly weigh in and are soooo very disappointed. If you weigh yourself everyday you will learn a few things....are you simply bloated because of something you ate? are you dehydrated or retaining water? is it your time of the month? I track my weight on a separate app and I only post it after it has come up several times. Not to mention weight should only be one of your methods for tracking your success. How do you look? How do you feel? How do your clothes fit?
  • babesintow
    Options
    Your question regarding how long it took to lose my weight....well honestly it took a few months after I got really serious about tracking my food and hitting the gym. Anyone who has 50+ pounds to lose will certainly see the weight come off more quickly...but from your photo you do not look like you have that much. So it will take more time and more effort the close you get to your goal weight. It is about losing a "percent " not a steadfast pound per week.
    Right now you can simply be trading fat for muscle... don't stress about it if you are seeing other changes.

When I reached a point where it was difficult to see changes I started a circuit training program and it got my weight really moving.