Sharing article about me

Options
TheGoblinRoad
TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
For those interested... I thought I'd share this local article written about me-- It was supposed to focus on the book I wrote, but they expanded the focus.

If anyone likes fantasy genre novels, there's a free excerpt of the book on my web site.

Anyway here's the article, just click on the photo of the newspaper and it'll enlarge to reading size.

http://www.thegoblinroad.com/2009/10/21/foothills-article/

Would appreciate your thoughts on this!

J.

Replies

• neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    thats awesome! i might just have to check that book out! good for you ! :happy: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :drinker: :smokin: :drinker:
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Wow! Good for you, you must feel so proud of yourself! That is awesome and I am very happy for you!:bigsmile:

What is the age range of your targeted audience? I am going to have to put this on my reading list.:happy:
  • TheGoblinRoad
    Options
    Wow! Good for you, you must feel so proud of yourself! That is awesome and I am very happy for you!:bigsmile:

What is the age range of your targeted audience? I am going to have to put this on my reading list.:happy:

Thanks. I'm proud at times, but it's difficult because I have to balance sharing information about it (like articles) and wanting to be humble. :( I even seriously considered hiring a stand-in person to be me at readings, because I don't like attention! :)

It's like Harry Potter as far as who would enjoy it: all ages. However the target audience, same as Harry Potter, is middle school age.

Check out the free excerpt on the web site :)
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Goblin, that's a fantastic article!!!!!

My favorite part is where they talk about how your book is not 'run of the mill' when it comes to the fantasy genre. I found it so refreshing!

I purchased this book from Goblin's web site a couple of months ago, after I saw the link in his profile and went to explore it. I bought it for my daughter but she was reading another book at the time so I read it first. It's amazing!!!!! I'm a long time fan of the fantasy genre, and I must say this book blew me away because it is atypical! It is entirely fresh and new - which is HARD to do after Tolkien's work.

I'm very much looking forward to the sequel, and will purchase it asap!!!

And no - I didn't know Goblin before I met him peripherally here and read his book. It's honestly just that good - and a tremendous book for middle school kids and adults alike.

Here is his web site where I first learned of the book: http://www.thegoblinroad.com/
  • TheGoblinRoad
    Options
    Goblin, that's a fantastic article!!!!!

My favorite part is where they talk about how your book is not 'run of the mill' when it comes to the fantasy genre. I found it so refreshing!

I purchased this book from Goblin's web site a couple of months ago, after I saw the link in his profile and went to explore it. I bought it for my daughter but she was reading another book at the time so I read it first. It's amazing!!!!! I'm a long time fan of the fantasy genre, and I must say this book blew me away because it is atypical! It is entirely fresh and new - which is HARD to do after Tolkien's work.

I'm very much looking forward to the sequel, and will purchase it asap!!!

And no - I didn't know Goblin before I met him peripherally here and read his book. It's honestly just that good - and a tremendous book for middle school kids and adults alike.

Here is his web site where I first learned of the book: http://www.thegoblinroad.com/

Thanks for the compliments! It means a LOT to me. :) I started reading a C.S. Lewis book yesterday then realized that might be a bad idea. Wouldn't want to accidentally borrow. Like I just found out the author of Bridge to Terebithia subconsciously borrowed the name a bit--there's a Terebinthia in the C.S. Lewis book.

8-)