Hi, I'm new

resqgal
resqgal Posts: 7 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I have a long way to go. Hope I do better with some good support. I have a very hard time controlling my portions, so I stocked up on meal/snack bars and 100 calorie snacks.

Replies

• neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    the 100 calorie packs will only get you so far! this website will get you further! just look up your foods before you eat them, and be consious of the size and amounts you eat! i go over sometimes and im still losing so keep your faith! it will happen for you, you just gotta do it! :flowerforyou:
  • hey this is the first step, all I can say, is eat slow, take small bites, and in between bites put your fork down and really enjoy your meal.....eat several times a day, but small portions.....this works well for me, even when I am eating alone!!

Good luck, and you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wendy =) !!!!!!!!
  • resqgal
    Thank you Neena. The last time I dieted several years ago, I did the Atkins diet. I lost a ton of weight, but put it all right back on. This time I'm trying to count calories, so I find myself having to look everything up constantly. I'll feel better when I don't have to look up everything so often.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    hi
  • resqgal
    Thanks Wendy, those are great tips. I know I eat way too fast. That was the way of life where i grew up. Needless to say my entire family is obese because of it. I pretty much always eat faster than my husband and in-laws. And, surprise-surprise they are all skinny. I often feel like each meal like be my last. I have a VERY hard time throwing away anything. So, I am trying to cook smaller portions so when it's gone, it's gone.
  • Welcome! The key for me also was portion size. I used to just pile my plate up with food and eat it so fast that I didn't realize I was full until after I ate it all. Now I'm very conscious of what a serving size really is and I try to stick to that and take my time eating it.

I have a lot to lose too, so I feel you! Good luck, and welcome aboard!
  • Welcome! You're gonna love it here!!:flowerforyou:
  • resqgal
    Thank you Emma! Nice to know I'm not alone.
This discussion has been closed.